Not Blocking/Pausing Devices

Pujolf
Pujolf Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited September 15, 2021 in Fingbox #1

I used to be able to block/pause devices from the app. Now I can't. It's the only reason I have fingbox.

Mainly looking to block and limit Roku devices.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Boyo
    Boyo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I recently noticed that as well. I added my new phone and I did not get the notification of a new device nor did I have to allow it onto the network.

• Pujolf
    First Comment

Same. No longer getting notifications

• chippie
    chippie Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I have a similar issue where I'm NOT able to unblock my device. My bet it is all connected somewhere. I'm totally fuming though as am not able to unblock my new phone. There is just no 'unblock' icon/button there yet it tells me it's blocked. Something has caused all these issues and I hope they sort it out quickly or it's going on the bin!

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks.  To block a device, you need to select it from the devices section and then select block device.  You would unblock it the same way.  The block new devices is listed in the security section under auto block new devices.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I moved this to the Fingbox section for relevance but left a redirect for you to find it.
  • Pujolf
    First Comment

Yes, we understand how it's done. It's just not working, and it used to.

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok go it it.  One thing to check, are you running ipv6?  The blocking will not work if you do.  Please confirm…. 

If your not and are ipv4 only, then let me tag some of the Fing staff and see if they can help you all out.  @Robin_from_Fing or @Dylan_From_Fing, any idea as to how to troubleshoot this?
    Robin_from_Fing