iOS 13 releases today

MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭
For those with supported idevices, Apple will be releasing iOS 13 at 10am pacific time (US) today.  Make sure you update your apps if you have not already prior to installing this as it usually makes the process a bit smoother.  IpadOS to follow end of month...
Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
Tagged:
Robinkltaylor

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    That's some good information. Just a reminder that after you update to iOS 13, in order to use Fing App perfectly, make sure in order to retain all the networks and device customizations saved, you are always signed in to Fing App.

Also, make sure that you have enabled all permissions required for the Fing app to operate. Please go to phone settings and set location permissions so Fing App is able to read the SSID correctly. And also, please make sure that other required permissions for Fing app are enabled as well and then open Fing App and run a scan to see the changes.

With new Android and Apple O.S versions, the location permissions are mandatory for the Fing App to operate and identify all the devices on the network. If you have not enabled the location permissions then every time you scan the network then Fing App will not be able to display the access point name and the device customizations will be lost and revert to the default value(Generic).

And, if you are unable to see the location permissions for the Fing App under phone settings then, I would like you to follow these steps and location permissions pop up will appear to be enabled.

1) Open Fing App and go to 'Network' tab

2) Click on the ISP tab and it will open the Network page

3) Clear out the Network information such as Address.

4) Next, to the MAP section, there is a small icon to auto-detect location. Click on the icon and location permissions will be asked.

Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylorMarc
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For those in the fence about upgrading to a point zero release, 13.1 is out on September 30th.

In addition any iPad users won't see iPadOS 13 until the 30th either.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    Marc
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    And downloading it now.  I’m such a glutton...  iPhone XR.  I’ll reply back when and if it completes. If that works the watch series 3 is next. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Update completed.  No issues.  More importantly the fingApp works.  It did ask me to allow location info as a first run popup.  After agreeing, everything just worked.  Dark mode is pretty nice as well...  Now on to the watch.
    Robin
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Last update...  Watch took a significant amount of time but completed without issue. Can't wait to do this all over again end of month!   ;)  
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated 13.1 information: apparently it's now going to be released in just 5 days time: 9/24/19 (along side the first release of iPadOS).

TvOs is still scheduled for the end of the month.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/19/apple-software-later-this-year/

Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pooh said:

Updated 13.1 information: apparently it's now going to be released in just 5 days time: 9/24/19 (along side the first release of iPadOS).

TvOs is still scheduled for the end of the month.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/19/apple-software-later-this-year/

Seriously?  I wonder if that’s to address a flaw?  
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Marc I don't think it's that specifically: Apple had started the 13.1 betas a few weeks ago and it's only moved ahead 6 days.

From what I can tell, there's are some iOS 13 features that never made it to the 13.0 GM that Apple really wanted out quickly. And some yes, some bugs to squash!

This particular flaw's been around for a while now - Apple have known about it for years but only recently decided to fix it.

Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hey @Pooh, apparently my mind is fried after those two upgrades.  When I read your post, I thought they had moved the date up for 13.1 but as you rightly pointed out, looks like that was the schedule all along.  :|

Edit:  Actually they did move it up from Sept 30th, mind not as fried as I originally thought :) ...  From Bloomberg.. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19/apple-moves-up-release-of-new-ipados-iphone-software-fixes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@Marc this has been a very odd release schedule. It never helps having MacOS and iOS have offset release dates, but now we've got one date for iOS, another for iPadOS and a now a third for TVOS!

It's enough to make an aging bear take a nosedive for the nearest of honey...

Even Rabbit's confused...

Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    After 24 hours a few observations...  I had one phone app issue where it would refuse to accept any screen presses, just on the app itself. I could close it and reopen it but nothing work.  This required a phone restart and after that did not reoccurs.  The app update portion of the App Store is now located under your icon on the top right. It’s no longer accessible on the bottom icons. Took me a bit of time to figure that out. Dark mode can be set to happen as dusk and then turn off at dawn. I kind of like that... Updated my wife’s 6s plus, no issues from what she told me. 

Watch updates are subtle with a slightly better display when someone calls and some minor tweaks to some native apps.  Also they seem to have moved more configuration capabilities of the watch to the watch versus the phone app. Lastly you can now access the watch App Store from the watch. 

By in large both both updates are not jarring or full of earth shattering functions but rather have just enough tweaks to make it interesting to use. 
    Pooh
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've upgraded the OS but are having difficulties updating apps, read this.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing... if you have CarPlay, the new UI that comes along with 13 is worth the update alone.  Finally had a chance today to use it. Music will now shows album art, home screen shows maps and what’s playing.  Dark and light theme to name just a few. Really nice. 
    kltaylorGidster