Speed Test server with closest physical location isn't accurate.
I am from Myanmar. When we run speed test, fing chooses India test server which makes sense cuz India is physically closest test server. However, Myanmar doesn't have a direct Cross-Border backbone to india and the submarine route is hundreds of kilometres longer.
I am aware that we currently don't have the option to choose other test servers like the one in Singapore.
But, isn't possible to force it from Fing's end? Singapore route is the most reliable route at the moment and most CDN anycast directs go to Singapore or Thailand. India is just too far in terms of logical connection. Please help even if you can't let us choose the test server.
- 5K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 942 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 102 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.5K Ask about Fing
- 428 Fing Account Change Request
- 901 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 470 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 150 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides