Why are 2 of my Ring cams saying that they are Rasberry Pi machines?

I have 9 cams altogether and 2 0f them now display on my fingbox as Raspberry Pi machines? I know hackers trying to get in my network and steal data like they have before. Also my router now has different mac address.

Tagged:

Comments

• JoeeA
    JoeeA Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments

It’s my understanding that the “real ring” doorbells aren’t “raspberry”, however nearly all “fakes” or cheaper “knock offs” actually are “raspberry” (that’s their operating system). Raspberry isn’t bad, as far as I know (I’ve used 2 devices with raspberry, both came from China).

RRinIDAHO
  • Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 217
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @RRinIDAHO Fing makes a “best guess” comparing things like mac addresses against a database to identify devices on the network. In this case it’s likely that fing has misidentified the devices, all you need to do is edit the entries and correct them.
    RRinIDAHO
  • RRinIDAHO
    RRinIDAHO Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks for your feedback! I'm new here and just got my box couple weeks ago. I was wondering also about the fing desktop. Could I install it on my Chromebook? If not how about my Android Moto phone? Many thanks for your help and replies everyone!

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    RRinIDAHO said:

Thanks for your feedback! I'm new here and just got my box couple weeks ago. I was wondering also about the fing desktop. Could I install it on my Chromebook? If not how about my Android Moto phone? Many thanks for your help and replies everyone!

Currently, Fing desktop can only download on Windows and MAC O.S. Chromebooks are not supported. But you can install Fing mobile app from playstore/appstore.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!