Unable to unblock

ShelbymickeyShelbymickey Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
edited March 2020 in Fingbox

How do you unblock a device that you blocked? I accidentally blocked wrong device.

Best Answers

• HronosHronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Shelbymickey ,If in FingApp, you will be able to look up it in the "device" list, it will appear in RED, and from within the device, in the "manage this device" section, unblock it!
    Keep looking up!
    Gidsterkltaylor
  • Nono56220Nono56220 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Accepted Answer

I received a email « Fing alert «  where you can click on « Manage alert »

it opens a web window with the list of your connected products. You go on the blocked one and there is a menu with 3 choices. You click on the first choice and it is unblocked

Hope it helps

Marc
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi All, I have merged a few discussions into this thread as they were discussing the same issue. As a reminder, we did have an issue in relation to a recent iOS app release that impacted the block/unblock functionality on Fingbox.
    With the help from member reports and troubleshooting, our Dev team have found a fix for this.  The fix has been included on the latest release of the Fing App for iOS, version 0.9.1. This is currently being rolled out. If you have not already received this update, it should be with you soon. Thank you again all for reporting this issue and indeed for your patience. Thanks again all
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• TWLWindowsTWLWindows Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    The manage device button does not unblock the device.  Now what does one do?
    AndrewCCM
  • AndrewCCMAndrewCCM Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Fing blocks my Ubiquity Amplify mesh extenders. I am unable to UNBLOCK. They just immediately reblock after about 5 secs. Very frustrating. Seems to have just started recently. Reboots, etc don’t help. The only fix is to unplug my Fingbox permanently. Sigh

At least your mesh extenders aren’t getting blocked permanently. My ubiquity AMPLIFI mesh extenders cannot be unblocked. They just re-block after 5sec. I have to turn off my Fingbox in order to have mesh extenders work. Argh

Same!!! Just started happening and it’s blocking my mesh extenders and anything new. Unblock doesn’t work! Gotta unplug the Fingbox.

Just figured out a workaround. Login to the web portal fing.com and unblock from there. The app isn’t working, but this seems to have fixed my issue.

JoelBThe_davePaulPSethAmit
  • DribbleDribble Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2020
    Hello.
     I have a problem with 3 Sonoff Basic Wi-Fi Switches that I have recently purchased.  These switches have been flashed to allow them to work with Apple Home kit.
    https://github.com/Gruppio/Sonoff-Homekit
    When they try and join my Wi-Fi Network, they are initially blocked, as this is how I have my Fingbox network set up. However, everytime select 'Unblock Device' Fingbox pays no attention to my request. It remains blocked.  There is simply no way I can get these devices authorised on my Wi-Fi network, without unplugging the Fingbox! (which is what I have had to do).
    The device comes up with the Vendor Espressif.
    If anyone needs the MAC addresses I can provide these.

Please Fing can you get this issue sorted, as at the moment I have had to unplug my Fingbox. I don't really want to have spent all this money, to have a device I can't use.

Thanks, David
  • LOST815LOST815 Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I have the same issue - my fingbox suddenly blocked my WiFi extender, my Cosy heating and work laptop last night. I’ve tried going into web, desktop and mobile apps but the first two don’t show the devices blocked and the latter doesn’t let me unblock - it just keeps cycling between blocked and unblocked. I’ve had to unplug for now so I can work from home and get my extender/heating working but this isn’t really a solution. Is there an update on this please?

I have the same issue - my fingbox suddenly blocked my WiFi extender, my Cosy heating and work laptop last night. I’ve tried going into web, desktop and mobile apps but the first two don’t show the devices blocked and the latter doesn’t let me unblock - it just keeps cycling between blocked and unblocked. I’ve had to unplug for now so I can work from home and get my extender/heating working but this isn’t really a solution. Is there an update on this please?
    Albert
  • AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 97
    25 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Sysops... for these kind of serious issues a fast-track tech support route to Fing development should be provided. The seriousness of these issues that force a user to take their Fingbox off-line should be more than enough justification to gives these types of problems Class A support attention. I appreciate that this, unless the issue is genuine,  route might, or might not, exists. But if it does... we Fingbox users who have paid money for our Fingboxes should be prioritised.  While I do appreciate that the S/W & H/W  developers should not be contacted, unless the issue is genuine and deemed important, that is where I see your (sysop) role come in. An item like raised by @dribble and by @LOST815 should be flagged straight up the line.
    Albert (Fingbox user).
    PS: IF this fast track route already exists and these types of issuers are being flagged up the line... please ignore this post
    admin
    Hi All, thanks for flagging this. We have had 3 other users report similar symptoms. We have escalated this to our Engineering team who are actively investigating. Other users have confirmed that is happening under the following conditions:
    Client:   iOS
    App version:   8.9.0

Are all of you using iOS and on app version 8.9.0?
    In the meantime, other users have worked around by using an Android device (where available) or indeed the Webapp in the meantime.
    https://app.fing.com/login?logout
    I will update you all here when progress is made. Thanks again for reporting

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mrmozmrmoz Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Cannot un-block a device 
    Added new laptop, connected to wifi and its permenantly blocked by fingbox. I cannot unblock it. It just ignores me. Have tried all methods I can find to get to the unblock function - but no joy, it just ignores me when I click to unblock.
    If I remove the ring box from the network then only then can I use my new laptop. ( there are 64 other devices all working fine which are already added in fing, so it seems to be a recent change / bug ? ).
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 72
    10 Comments Photogenic
    admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Fing appears to block my Mesh Node and keeps it offline during network reboot?.
    itsdreed
  • mrmozmrmoz Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I was going to reply to a similar thread with three comments in it from this morning, but it has been removed as I was typing this reply.
  • DribbleDribble Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hello.
    I can confirm that I am using iOS 13.3.1 and app version 8.9.0
    I will try the Webapp when I get home tonight.
    Thanks, David
    Ciaran
    admin
    Hi @Albert, thank you for your input. To clarify, this issue was indeed escalated (prior to this initial post on this thread - i.e 11 hours ago) and is actively being investigated by our Engineering team. We have benn troubleshooting with users who initially reported the issue, to isolate where the issue may lie, in order to work on a resolve. As I am sure you can appreciate, this can take time, but rest assured is a priority.
    As mentioned in my previous post, in the meantime, other users have worked around by using an Android device (where available) or indeed the Webapp in the meantime.
    I will update you all here when progress is made. Thanks again for your concern.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Albert
    admin
    Thats great, thank you for updating @Dribble :smile:
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    @mrmoz, thanks for reporting. In relation to the previous post you mention you were going to comment on, just to confirm, it wasnt removed, it was merged into this thread (as has your post). This is to ensure all of the users with the same issue are on the same thread, which will in turn help with updates and overall resolve. Our Engineering team are actively working on this.
    In the meantime, other users have worked around by using an Android device (where available) or indeed the Webapp in the meantime.
    I will update you all here when progress is made. Thanks again for reporting
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 72
    10 Comments Photogenic
    admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Merge multiple MAC-addresses to one device.

Hi @Ciaran

I can confirm I’m on iOS 13.3.1 and app version 8.9.0. However, the web app still shows the devices as not blocked so I can’t do anything there. All I can do is unplug the fingbox so I can work at home and have my heating.

Thanks

Ciaran
  • Hmon1Hmon1 EspañaMember Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited March 2020

The last, yesterday, update of the app fing of my iphone gives me the following problem:

I had my child's PC assigned to a fixed IP (192.168.1.42) ... suddenly! IT IS BLOCKED, AND THE IP HAS CHANGED!

Now have 2 IPs (free / not previously assigned ... 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20) ???

AND FOR MUCH THAT I TRY I CAN'T UNLOCK IT .... IT BLOCKS ITSELF AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AUTOMATICALLY.

WHAT'S GOING ON???

THANKS.

First Comment
    it seems that in addition to being blocked and unable to unblock, the Fingbox assigns two identical ip addresses, one to itself and the other to a power line adapter,  Something seems seriously wrong, suddenly.
    AndrewCCM
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hmon1 said:

The last, yesterday, update of the app fing of my iphone gives me the following problem:

I had my child's PC assigned to a fixed IP (192.168.1.42) ... suddenly! IT IS BLOCKED, AND THE IP HAS CHANGED!

Now have 2 IPs (free / not previously assigned ... 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20) ???

AND FOR MUCH THAT I TRY I CAN'T UNLOCK IT .... IT BLOCKS ITSELF AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AUTOMATICALLY.

Hi, To clarify, this issue was indeed escalated (prior to this initial post on this thread - i.e 11 hours ago) and is actively being investigated by our Engineering team. We have benn troubleshooting with users who initially reported the issue, to isolate where the issue may lie, in order to work on a resolve. As I am sure you can appreciate, this can take time, but rest assured is a priority.
    As mentioned in my previous post, in the meantime, other users have worked around by using an Android device (where available) or indeed the Webapp in the meantime.
    I will update you all here when progress is made. Thanks again for your concern.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment
    In my case, the web app does not workaround.  
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    In my case, the web app does not workaround.  
    I will take your feedback and include this for our developers to review. Thanks again for reporting this
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment

Thanks. Troubleshooting is always difficult.

admin

Hi All,

Once again, thank you for reporting the issue you experienced in relation to blocking/unblocking devices on Fingbox whilst using an iOS device.

As mentioned, as soon as identified, this is issue was escalated to our Engineering team. With the help of your feedback, they were able to identify the issue and find a resolution. The issue only related to some Fingbox user, using iOS devices on the most recent version of the Fing App. The fix will be included on the next release of the Fing App for iOS. This has been submitted to Apple for review. Generally this takes approximately 3 days for Apple to review, however, we anticipate that there may be delays to this due to the current COVID-19 situation that is progressing across the globe (apparently the Apple Campus in Ireland has been impacted https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0310/1121280-coveney-covid-19/).

We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused to you. As a work around, please try using the Fing Web-app in the short term https://app.fing.com/login?logout.

Alternatively, if you have access to an Android device, this functionality can be actioned via an Android device.

Thanks again All

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @Ciaran
    I'm guessing if the web app doesn't work, then I'll just leave it unplugged for now (as I don't have any Android devices).
    Should issues like this occur in the future, is the only recourse to unplug the device? Kind of makes it redundant as it's been unplugged since 6pm GMT 09/03 and at this rate, will be unplugged until 13th/14th March. Not a great thing for a product which can't be used for nearly a week because of an app update that I installed yesterday. Did this not get picked up in testing?
  • David_2020David_2020 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

I have been using fingbox for years, but suddenly I cannot block devices. I simply click the block icon, but nothing happens. Same if trying with internet pause. Anyone experiencing the same or have some tips, please? Thanks

• Doctor_QDoctor_Q Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Wish my first post here could be more positive, but I'm also seeing devices that can't be unblocked. Also devices with double IP addresses. Can't find a version number for the iOS app, but the MacOS version is 1.0.1 and I can't unblock from there, either. I was messing with some Raspberry Pis last night and assumed I screwed up the LAN with them, since they are among the devices that are blocked. Only realized it was more widespread when I checked this forum. Fingbox unplugged and standing by.
    Chuck