AT&T Internet Outage in Austin, TX 200+ People Affected

DiddlyDee123
DiddlyDee123 Austin, TXMember Posts: 11
Name Dropper First Comment

My AT&T internet has been down since about 2:30am on 08/03/2021. Fing doesn’t even show this outage on its outage detector. What good is an outage detector that doesn’t detect outages?

Best Answer

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,058
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DiddlyDee123, I am tagging @Robin for comment.  By the way, here is an article from Fing on how they determine outages...  https://app.fing.com/internet/help/what-s-an-outage
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • DiddlyDee123
    DiddlyDee123 Austin, TXMember Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Robin

Yes, AT&T is set as my provider. No outage ever showed on Fing. I was down from 3:00am-1:00pm. About 10 minutes after I posted about it here on Fing, it came back online. It showed a prior outage in Texas affecting multiple cities, but that outage was 3 days prior to my outage. It was also a different ISP. No other outages were shown. The reason I posted was because I didn’t receive any kind of notification from Fing despite the correct ISP being chosen and outage notifications enabled in my account. According to AT&T, 200+ customers were affected, including my apartment’s leasing office and their phone service. Anyway, it’s a moot point now, but the lack of awareness of the outage was a bit annoying to me on Fing’s part. I thought you should know.