got a fingbox but does not work

andypandy
andypandy Member Posts: 7
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Hi there, I got a Fingbox and did the clean wipe/reset thing (plug power in while holding reset button). Had the flashing ring etc and then unplugged for 5 second and plugged in again,..nothing. Just one white light.

After about 15 mins or so it briefly had red led and then a green outer ring:

Downstairs I have the ISP router (A) and have a cat 6 cable going upstairs to a second router. Fingbox plugged into second router (B) upstairs. With the iphone connected to the B router on HOME I scan network devices to find fingbox. It finds lots of other devices but not the fingbox. Then I connect to router A and do the same. It finds lots of devices but no fingbox. 

After that I go to ACCOUNT in the fing app and select ADD FINGBOX. Progress bar loads and says FINGBOX NOT FOUND.

I have tried the reset about 4 times and all of the above 4 times but it does the same. The light codes mentioned on this website are not helpful in solving this and youtube doesn't seem to have any videos on this problem,

Can anybody please advise me? Thank you.

Answers

• andypandy
    andypandy Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2, 2021 #2
    Ps: I also tried to force firmware update (10 seconds power cycle). Light changed from solid green to blue half circle alternating. But then it still wasn’t detected. 

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @andypandy
    I have sent you private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!