Fing Desktop devices disappearing - need to reinstall

BJF
BJF Member Posts: 3
First Comment
I am having an issue where all my devices disappear from the Fing Desktop and the refresh button is ghosted out.  I have tried stopping the task from the control panel and then restarting the application. The only fix seems to be uninstalling Fing Desktop and reinstalling.

Best Answer

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    @BJF
    In this case, can you delete the network identified by the Fing desktop via Fing web browser and then reboot your device and then scan the network again. It should resolve the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BJF, lets start by letting us know if this is windows or macOS.  Then what version of the OS and Fing desktop you are using.  Could you also screenshot the app and show the issue your seeing?  @Robin please note...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • BJF
    First Comment
    This is a windows 10 desktop with Fing 6.2.  Here is a screen capture with the problem.  No devices and the refresh is ghosted.

After I uninstall/reinstall I see the devices and the refresh is not ghosted.  It will then work for " a while"

• BJF
    First Comment
    That seems to fix the issue, although it does not seem like the best solution