s_federici
s_federici Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 14, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
I installed and used Fing desktop with no problem at all last week. Today I would like to use Fing again, but it says that I'm offline (and I'm not, as I'm posting this message). What can I do?
Tagged:
datagod

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Can you share the screenshot of the error so I can guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • s_federici
    First Comment
    edited July 14, 2021 #3
    I would gladly do but now, after 5 hours, it is online again :* I will let you know if everything doesn't work as expected
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • s_federici
    First Comment
    It happened again, so I can now post the screenshot. As you can see (sorry for the Italian UI), it says "Non connesso", that is "Offline" and the button to show the devices is greyed out. Instead, you can see in the top left corner that the wifi is connected (and, as always, I'm posting this message using this very wifi connection).

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the screenshot. When you click 'report', can you tell me what explanation does it give for the error code?
    Can you also quit Fing desktop from the activity monitor and reboot device and then check if the error persists? Also, are you using any VPN as well?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • s_federici
    First Comment
    You can find the report at https://query.fing.com/FB5E3FC7487CB20. Restarting the mac now Fing corretly says the wifi network name. I'm not using any VPN

• Walter_H
    Walter_H Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I am afraid that Fing has bit the dust.  It used to be a great app; but now with this issue (reporting that it is not connected when it is), and the inability to login to a fresh installation (it cycles back and forth between the web page and the app), it has become a complete POS.