Why Is My Vulnerability Check stuck?

John236498
John236498 Member Posts: 3
First Comment

Hello. I initiated a vulnerability check with my Fingbox v1 a few days ago. It’s running software 1.15.2. It has since been stuck at 97%. I have tried disconnecting the power anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours. Have also tried a fresh Fing app install on another device to see if there would be any difference. Can someone help me to get this resolved?

dslibby

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @John236498, lets tag @Robin from Fing to see if he has some advice on how to unstick the Fingbox scan....
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    dslibby
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @John236498
    Are you using Fing desktop as well? If yes, have you tried running Vulnerability scan on it as well? Are you connected via mobile internet or wireless? Are you using any VPN?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • John236498
    First Comment

I’m not using Fing desktop. Results are the same whether I’m on my own wireless network or using mobile Internet. I don’t use VPN.

• reygio349
    reygio349 Member Posts: 42
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 #5

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Vulnerability check is stucked at 97% for 2 days now . Did rebooting both in app and Fingbox but not resolved. Been using ExpressVPN for years now so it's not with VPN issue.

dslibby
  • reygio349
    ✭✭
  • reygio349
    ✭✭

Any response from admin or Fing team ?

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    reygio349 said:

Any response from admin or Fing team ?

Are you using Fing desktop on your network as well? If yes, Can you please quit the Fing desktop application and then reboot device and then run a scan on Fing mobile app to see if the scan still freezes? Can you also check if the ports required by Fingbox are open?

You need to have ports 80, 443, 4443, 5671 open so the Fingbox can connect to the Fing Software servers.
    (If you are going to run a speed test, please also have ports 3001, 3002, and 3003 enabled also)

Do you have any other device on which you can install Fing app and then check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    reygio349 said:

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Vulnerability check is stucked at 97% for 2 days now . Did rebooting both in app and Fingbox but not resolved. Been using ExpressVPN for years now so it's not with VPN issue.

Have you tried disabling VPN and rebooting device and then checking if issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • reygio349
    ✭✭

I am not using the Fing desktop . The vulnerability check just been stucked at 97% less than a week ago. I use expressVPN and did check vulnerability with and without VPN and rebooted fingbox and even my modem and router . Mobile app shows Fingbox has port 80 open . I don't have any device to run fing .

Is @John236498 still have the same problem ?

dslibby
  • reygio349
    ✭✭

Can anybody from Fing check this issue? I already rebooted my modem , my router , my Fingbox , cleared fing app cache and data and reinstalled the app, connected with and without expressVPN but vulnerability check still not working and stucked at 97% .

dslibby
  • John236498
    First Comment

I’m still having this problem.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @John236498
    @reygio349
    I have created support ticket for you so I can investigate better for this issue. Please reply to my message directly. thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • reygio349
    ✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 #14

@

@John236498

Until now the vulnerability check is still stuck at 97% using the Fingbox . When doing the check on one of my scanned networks it goes without any issues .

I'm attaching screenshots of my Fingbox network and one of my network AP.

I've run the checks with and without my VPN , rebooted my modem and my routers .

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @reygio349
    I am seeking developers' advice for this and I will get back to you with an update. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Ronomy
    Ronomy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

This app has had problems for over a year now. Every release has problems. Port scan started crashing and just didnt work. Then the previous build to the current build fixed that. But now the scans get stuck at 97%. Before this the app wouldnt stay connected. They keep trying to fix things...takes forever but they keep breaking it with new updates.

Time to hire programers that know what they are doing!

I am sorry I ever bought the fingbox. It worked great a couple of years ago. It's been junk since they added the desktop feature.

Best to stay away if you haven't bought it yet...to bad it was a great product in the beginning.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @Ronomy
    Our engineers are checking and investigating this issue. If you would like to troubleshoot as well, please DM me the MAC address of Fingbox and the device name with O.S version on which you are using Fing app so I can pass it on to developers for review. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    dslibby
  • dslibby
    dslibby Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @Robin I'm experiencing this issue too on two discrete FingBox's one at a holiday home and one at my regular home. Started a few weeks ago. Would be willing to help troubleshoot. Will DM you MAC addresses shortly. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    dslibby said:
    @Robin I'm experiencing this issue too on two discrete FingBox's one at a holiday home and one at my regular home. Started a few weeks ago. Would be willing to help troubleshoot. Will DM you MAC addresses shortly. 
    Thanks. I will pass your information to developers for investigation as well. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    dslibby
  • dslibby
    dslibby Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    dslibby said:
    Thanks. I will pass your information to developers for investigation as well. 
    It's started functioning normally again... thanks for whatever you guys did. :-) 
  • RRinIDAHO
    RRinIDAHO Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Hello fellow fingers! I was experiencing the same hangup with my scan a couple days ago-just stuck at 97 percent completed-after unplugging my router for about 6 hours then turning on again it has disappeared and now runs scans completely like it use too. But why was it hanging up in the first place? Anybody know? Thanks everyone!