How does the discovery number affect the Fingbox

Justice
Justice Member Posts: 16
10 Comments First Answer
edited July 9, 2021 in Fing App #1

In the Account section you can choose the device discovery number. What does that mean and how does it affect the network?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Justice said:

In the Account section you can choose the device discovery number. What does that mean and how does it affect the network?

Can you share screenshot so I can guide you better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Answer

Thanks. I know how to change the network scanning number. My question is what is the advantage of doing so?

I have four devices on the network that Fingbox is monitoring and six on guest networks that it is not.

I set my network number at 4. Is that correct?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Justice said:

Thanks. I know how to change the network scanning number. My question is what is the advantage of doing so?

I have four devices on the network that Fingbox is monitoring and six on guest networks that it is not.

I set my network number at 4. Is that correct?

You have not shared the screenshot of the feature where you changed the number. Can you share screenshot so I can guide you better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!