All My Users Have Disappeared [Cross-post]

HappyChap
HappyChap Member, Beta Tester Posts: 22
10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
✭✭
Hi guys,

I posted this in the Fingbox group, as that’s what I use the app for, but maybe it’s better here?

There was an app update for iOS today, which downloaded and now all of the people (which is quite a few) have disappeared from my Fingbox network in the app.

Reading the app release notes it says that Fing Desktop can now assign users, etc. which I’m not bothered about but has this broken the people functionality in the app for Fingbox users? I spent quite a while getting all my devices assigned to the right users/groups so pretty annoyed if this has broken this.

Any idea what’s going on?

Thanks.

Answers

• HappyChap
    HappyChap Member, Beta Tester Posts: 22
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Hi guys,

There was an app update for iOS today, which downloaded and now all of the people (which is quite a few) have disappeared from my Fingbox network in the app.

Reading the app release notes it says that Fing Desktop can now assign users, etc. which I’m not bothered about but has this broken the people functionality in the app for Fingbox users? I spent quite a while getting all my devices assigned to the right users/groups so pretty annoyed if this has broken this.

Any idea what’s going on?

Thanks.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @HappyChap, one thing to look at is to make sure you are looking at the Fingbox scanned and not any other.  From the home screen of the app, look at your current Wifi section.  On the right is an icon of 3 lines with a leading dot.  Press it and you will see a list of all your scanned networks.  Make sure the one with a picture of the Fingbox is selected and made default.  

You can make a network default by swiping left and choosing the home icon.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing