Unknown Email address linked to my Fing account

Redplasma12
Redplasma12 Member Posts: 14
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited July 5, 2021 in Devices & Security #1

This will give u an idea that fing has issues

My email is not the one pictured and I couldn’t remove that email and put in the right one

fingbox had given itself permission to use my Apple ID!!

once I find the pic that shows that I will add it here

i advise to only call Apple and never trust their word. Apples number is 1800 MY APPLE

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging @Robin from Fing for awareness.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • UG64
    UG64 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    If you suspect your Fingbox is hacked, remove it from your network asap.  Change your Fing account password.  
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not look like a hacked Fingbox.  Looks more like a hacked or exposed Fing account.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    UG64
  • NNExpert
    NNExpert Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Not hacked. You signed in using your Apple ID with the "Hide" option, thus the strange-looking apple email account. If you paid attention when you let apple sign you in there would have been two options, the default is to hide your apple id email address, the other one would display your actual apple id email address.
    MarcRobin_from_Fing
  • Linuxbox1
    Linuxbox1 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭

I don't have apple and it seems your observation is accurate, but I do have a question regarding the attached screenshot, specifically the platform version numbers. Are those version numbers proper? Is chrome OS on that version more or less and isn't the chrome browser version most currently on the version number witnessed in the iOS version specified in the screenshot? Not slacking specifically to this user's issues but just curious what I'm missing when seeing this output populate in those fields. Thanks.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Redplasma12
    Private relay email addresses have the following characteristics: They end in @privaterelay.appleid.com . They route emails to one of the Apple ID's verified email addresses.

After the user has shared a private relay email address with your app, they can find, view, and manage it in their account settings at Settings > Apple ID > Password & Security > Apps Using Your Apple ID.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!