Fing App 11.4.0 and the people feature

Marc
Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,577
100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭
Installed the latest mobile beta, which I see now support people assignment for the desktop app.  Question I have is once you have applied a device to a person, is that supposed to be reflected in the desktop app as well?  I see 3 out of the 4 people I created in the app are showing up with their devices in the desktop app but one is not.  

I am not sure if seeing them on the desktop app was a residual artifact from when they appeared previously (there are a few threads in the forum on this), something new or a defect.

@Robin or @Dylan_From_Fing, for awareness...
Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,614
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Marc
    To answer your question, Yes, the changes you make on Fing mobile app will be reflected on Fing desktop as well. Can you share the screenshot of the user profile from Fing app and Fing desktop so we can investigate this behavior? I will try to recreate the issue as well and check if it happens to me as well or not.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go...  1st shot shows who I am focusing on from the mobile app, viewing the Desktop scan, the one named Pamela and her device name...  Second shows the device without a user listed, which should be Pamela...

• Robin
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    With the launch of new ios version Fing app and Android app, Can you check if the bug still appears? I have tried the same on iPhone and it is working for me.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin, no it is still not working as expected.  I've also seen it not pick up new devices I have assigned in the mobile app while pointing to the desktop discovered devices as well.  I am using 11.4.0 from the prod channel, not TestFlight's now to see if that would help.  Desktop remains at 2.6.0.  
  • Robin
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Can you list me step by step what you did so I can try to replicate this? Also, if you long tap on Fing mobile app then you will be able to share feedback with developers directly.
    Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the desktop did an initial scan for devices. It picked up everything as it should.

on the mobile app switched to the desktop scanned network.

created a new person, my wife in this case.

assigned her scanned iPhone 11 to her.

looks good via mobile app. It sees it assigned to her.

go back to desktop app and refresh and list does not show the iPhone assigned in the item display. no name tag on the phone.

I’ve also tried restarting the desktop app and it never tags a newly assigned item. Just maintains the ones that had been tagged forever.

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Also @Robin , as this appears to be a how the desktop displays an assigned device issue, do I still feedback on the mobile app?

• Robin
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Allow me some time to follow your steps to recreate the issue and then I will pass on feedback to developers. If you want you can still provide feedback on mobile app.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)