Can you find Hidden Cameras on the free version?

MadsKjer10
MadsKjer10 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
Hello. 

I used to use Fing back in 2019, and now came back to a new updated interface. There is now a premium feature "Find Hidden Cameras". If I don't own premium, and just do a normal search, will cameras still show up? 

Kind Regards.
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hello. 

I used to use Fing back in 2019, and now came back to a new updated interface. There is now a premium feature "Find Hidden Cameras". If I don't own premium, and just do a normal search, will cameras still show up? 

Kind Regards.
    Fing app will still show all the connected devices on your network. The Fing App discovery will identify devices on a best effort basis, based on the information made available by the device, e.g. the MAC address. There can be times when the device might not be recognised correctly e.g.

- The DHCP server is not refreshing when speaking to your Fing.

- Limited information being offered by specific devices.

If you are using an Apple device to run the Fing app with IOS14 then please refer to this article which has detailed information on how to make Fing app work with IOS14: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!