My existing Fingbox does have fresh discovery data (9-10days old)

Barrydotnet
Barrydotnet Member Posts: 20
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
edited June 29, 2021 in Fingbox #1
How do I get the Fingbox to perform an updated discovery of my local net? The Fingbox is lit solid blue

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Barrydotnet, can you confirm the app is actually set to the Fingbox network and not the WiFi scanned network?  You can tell by looking at my networks and verifying the one your displaying has a little Fingbox icon next to it. 

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_FingBarrydotnet
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    In addition to Marc's advice, @Barrydotnet
    We have seen such instances where the Fingbox refresh after few days. The reason for this is network size not correctly set on the Fing app settings. To correctly set the network size, please follow the steps:
    • Open the Fing app and Sign in.

• Tap on the Account icon from the bottom tab

• Scroll down and Click on 'App Settings'

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house.

This will resolve the issue

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    MarcBarrydotnet
  • Barrydotnet
    I just made the app Change that Robin suggested for the Maximum size of the network. 
  • Barrydotnet
    in the comments from @marc I seem to have to constantly reselect HOME (with Fingbox icon) since the app regularly defaults to the local Wifi 
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2021 #6
    You can set a default network.  Select the network your want, your fingbox one for instance and slide it to the left.  You should see an icon that looks like a house and one that looks like a trashcan.  Select the house to make it the default.  From now on, that will be the network chosen when you open the app.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Barrydotnet
    I just made the app Change that Robin suggested for the Maximum size of the network. In @Marc comment, it seems that I have to constantly select "Home" with the Fingbox icon as opposed to the local Wifi network.
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Barrydotnet, not constantly, select it once and it DEFAULTS to it going forward.  You should not have to change it again unless you want to.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    I just made the app Change that Robin suggested for the Maximum size of the network. In @Marc comment, it seems that I have to constantly select "Home" with the Fingbox icon as opposed to the local Wifi network.

Like @Marc said, To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

• Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Barrydotnet
    Thank you @Marc I am still unclear on where to set default (Monitored Network), because it still gravitates to the local Wifi and Not "Home" (Fingbox)
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Barrydotnet, follow @Robin instructions above.  I am including a screenshot of where you select so you can see it...  Pressing the blue house makes the network default.  Remember to choose the one with a graphic of the Fingbox on it.  if you use my original screenshot above, consider this step 2.

Robin_from_Fing