Digital Fence Gone

Justice
Justice Member Posts: 16
10 Comments First Answer
edited June 28, 2021 in Fingbox #1

I downloaded the app today and noted that the Digital Fence was not there. Is this a premium service now.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi All,
    We have not removed any feature. We have moved digital fence to the network tab with the release of the new version of Fing app. If you select Fingbox network from Home tab and then go to Network tab, then scroll down and you will be able to find Digital Fence.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

This is a simple question. Has the Digital Fence been removed from the Fingbox app? And is this now a premium payment feature?

• Tony_G
    Tony_G Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited June 26, 2021 #4

If you own a Fingbox it's still there. Go to "See all devices" for your network then go to "People" tab and you will see "Fence" at the bottom.

• Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

No it is not there. I have had a Fingbox for a year-plus and just yesterday deleted and reinstalled the fing app.

Under people where Digital Fence used to be is a feature that tells me to start monitoring devices....etc. Digital Fence is no where to be found under People??!!

• Tony_G
    Tony_G Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    @Justice
    That is very strange. That feature is not part of the premium service. It should be there in the app.
  • Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

It was there before I deleted and reinstalled. I will delete the app and reinstall again. This is what it looks like.

• Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

Fingbox owners think before you delete and reinstall the app. It may not configure all of its features. The Digital Fence did not upload on the app after it was reinstalled.

• Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

Thank you for finally clarifying this. A suggestion might be to give advance notification when new versions will be released and include information on any anticipated changes.

This will prevent misinformed postings.

Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Justice said:

Thank you for finally clarifying this. A suggestion might be to give advance notification when new versions will be released and include information on any anticipated changes.

This will prevent misinformed postings.

Thanks for the feedback. I will post new changes in UI on community posts for the future. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Shaner1Tx
    Shaner1Tx Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Actually Digital Fence is totally missing for me also and I havent removed or reinstalled. The app simply auto updates as released. The photo provide above of the digital fence feature doesnt exist at all for me. Is the solution now to remove and reinstall?
  • Shaner1Tx
    Shaner1Tx Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Couldnt find any reference within this support forum but did just find release notes for latest v11.5 which now moves digital fence to security tab. There is a single green icon for this now at the bottom section.
    Robin_from_Fing