Latest iPadOS Version…14.6 not in List of OS

DiddlyDee123
DiddlyDee123 Austin, TXMember Posts: 11
Name Dropper First Comment

I’ve noticed that iPadOS 14.6 is still not listed in the available operating systems when using the “recognize” feature. Any idea when the operating systems in Fingpedia will be made current?

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @Marc
    For any O.S, I pass on the requested O.S to our developers and then it gets updated. However, I want to update sometimes, the requested O.S and device brands or device type suggestions can get rejected as well. 
    @DiddlyDee123
    I have already passed on the suggestion to developers and once it is updated, you will find it within Fing app. As of now, there is no timeframe for the update.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see this thread for a response from Fing..  https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/29247#Comment_29247

Look midway for a reply from @Robin from Fing for a way to request a new item be added.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • DiddlyDee123
    DiddlyDee123 Austin, TXMember Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Marc, the answer you’re referring to relates to devices. There is no similar option to manually enter an OS.

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There was mention of OS as well in that thread and I believe it was with @Robin to get back to the thread on how to get the OS version updated.  

But you are correct that Fing app only allows you to "suggest" for hardware, no guarantees it will make it but if it does, they do notify you.
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My feedback…. as long as Fing exposes version, it should keep those versions up to date either via request as it does with hardware or by keeping track of at least the major OS’s like windows, iOS, macOS, Android etc.

Either that or if it’s a resource issue for Fing to have someone do this, maybe just stick with displaying the OS brand like Windows and eliminate version entirely.

DiddlyDee123Robin_from_Fing