No fingbox as network in app after initial setup

eggzen
eggzen Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited June 17, 2021 in Fingbox #1

Hello

I purchased a v2 box after years of a v1 box which died the other day.

New v2 box is on a new account. Plugged it in went through setup, but its not showing up as a network in android app or windows app. I can see it as part of my WiFi network scan and device list, but not as a fingbox to interact with, people network etc. The lights are blue and when I try to add a new box via app, it says its already there

What am I missing?

Thanks

Mark

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,708
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2021 #2
    @eggzen, as you have this on a new account, the legacy Fingbox should not play into this which would have been the first place I would have had you look.  Aka did you deactivate the V1 prior.  So, lets tag @Robin from Fing for next steps on troubleshooting this.

Also moved this to the Fingbox area for relevance for you....
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,872
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @eggzen
    If the Fingbox lights are blue then it is already to some Fing account. If you have not added Fingbox to your home tab then follow these steps:
    • Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close
    If Fingbox network is not present then please DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can check.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • eggzen
    eggzen Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

I've logged into my previous account, but only my v1 is available. I'm unable to access that box to remove it or administer. How can I add my new v2 box to my account?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,872
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    eggzen said:

I've logged into my previous account, but only my v1 is available. I'm unable to access that box to remove it or administer. How can I add my new v2 box to my account?

I have DM you. Please reply to my DM directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!