Fingbox continues to flash blue after blocking device

Justice
Justice Member Posts: 16
10 Comments First Answer
edited June 17, 2021 in Fingbox #1

I have auto-block on my Fingbox. A rogue device continues to try to access my network. The device is blocked but the blue light does not stop flashing — ever.

Removing the device will cause it to attempt reentry and activate the flashing blue light.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Justice
    10 Comments First Answer
    #2 Accepted Answer

Thank you. One of the blocked devices was in notification! I managed the device — hit “dismiss” and the light stopped blinking.

Robin_from_Fing

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Justice, I moved this to the Fingbox area for you for relevance.  The light should go out if the issue is acknowledged or no longer poses a threat.  I can see it continue to flash if it keep trying to break in.  

@Robin, what is the normal behavior of the light in this situation and is there any way to permanently silence it or is this working as designed? 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Justice
    10 Comments First Answer

Thank you. The blue light has been flashing for hours. Seems as though the block function should be linked to “notification.” At midnight all notifications go away.

Or Block should be armed with a permanence function that notes the MAC address— (which is how it keeps entering) and or the 0.0.0.0 IP address. Blocks should be blocked.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thank you @Marc
    @Justice
    Removing a device will only ignore the device and deletes from the Fing App. It means that you do not want to monitor that particular device but when you rescan the network and if the device is still connected to that network, it will appear again on the network. Removing a device does not delete the device from the network. 
    If you have auto-block enabled and if the device tries to enter your network then you will receive some notification on Fing app. Please check under Notification tab if any alert is waiting for your attention. Once all notifications are attended, the light will stop blinking. Also, can you share the picture of blue light flashing? Is it continuous or blinking?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!