Unable to reach 2nd DNS.

Ken20
Ken20 Member Posts: 30
10 Comments Photogenic
edited June 14, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
My question was never about why my speed drops. I've had worse on other VPNS. My question is about why I get the message -"you have reached the net but with problems and can not resolve the 2nd DNS." Sometimes I get a very specific error code meaningful only to Fing I assume. This new answer that I am seen as a different device every day is odd to me as I thought that was the reason to have choices (the more, the better on a VPN).

Now not being able to receive my support email on the email listed with them is just gravely. Thanks to all who ventured an answer.

Ken20

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ken20
    Can you share the screenshot of the error so I can guide you? Are you using VPN when you receive the error?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Ken20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Depending on whether I start with it on or off, I get messages saying everything fine on Network. I can't say for sure if I get DNS problems right after turning it on or after  having been on for a while. It says you have reached the net but DNS2 is not resolved. I still surf and carry on as normal except for some sites I have and know the password for asking me to make a new one. As far as an error code -- that any happens very rarely -- I will try to get one thought. I went to set my date and time and was blocked from the internet, although today I was not and have left the VPN off for the most part. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the VPN, which is a part of Bitdefender. A lot of my issues have lessened lately, but I have Spectrum Equipment, and they won't assist you if you are using a VPN.

Thanks For your Interest
    Ken20
  • Ken20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Yes, I do have a code and can find more -- I am about to go to sleep. Yes, the errors occur only with the VPN. Ignore pic 1 --only meant to send pic2 -Thanks Again pic 2
    ken20 --thanks

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ken20
    If the error only happens with VPN enabled, then in this case VPN is not supported by Fing desktop.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Ken20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I love these errors, of which I have only been able to catch one W801 -- that particular night most things worked well if I loaded the VPN last -- I don't expect you to solve anything. I was just monitoring closely the night I was asked to, whereas before I had not been. Windows "Eleven" is coming out next week or so to make things worse. Could be better, I suppose, but little hope.