Set time limit use PlayStation

Hans___
Hans___ Member Posts: 1

How can I put a time limit of usage on devices? For example, how can I limit the WiFi time of the PlayStation?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,580
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Hans___..  Let me start you off.  A number or Routers provide parental support which can limit access to devices based on a schedule you choose.  Some, like Linksys provide it as a separate offering, some include it by default.

Fing provide something they call a Fingbox which allows you, in conjunction with their mobile app, to schedule when a device or person can be on the internet or when it can't.  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/device-blocking/

In this case you would assign the Playstation to the person and schedule the person as to when they can be or can't be on the internet.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robinthomasmerz
  • Mike_Bro
    Mike_Bro Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@Hans___ Dlink provides a very simple to use Parental Control feature.

I restrict computers, cellphones and a playstation used by our two school going kids starting from 22h00 during Weekdays and from midnight on weekends.

thomasmerz
  • rick_x8
    rick_x8 Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Hi, this is not particularly helpful in answering your question but as a fellow Playstation owner, I thought the traffic patterns seen coming from the Playstation, especially Playstation 5, are interesting.  Here is a screenshot from my pi-hole DNS server.  The gray areas in the attached graphic are when I had the Playstation 5 powered on.  The blocked DNS queries are a LOT of telemetry requests trying to go from the PS5 back to Sony, that I block. 

My OPNsense firewall provides the ability at my house to limit any person or devices that rely on my network (vs. cell networks). 

Marc