Multiple instances of my SSID as networks

tedpoppke
tedpoppke Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited June 4, 2021 in Fing App #1
Hi, I'm running a Fing appliance and I keep getting multiple networks showing up in my network list.

Hi

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @tedpoppke
    Are you using Fingbox or Fing desktop?
    if you have a Fingbox and you are using a Fing Dekstop, then you will see two networks, one from the Fingbox and one from the Fing Desktop. As Fing Desktop is a separate product, it works separately and does not integrate with Fingbox as of the moment. If something changes with future release then we will let all users know. 
    Also, if you are using an Apple device, then as apple restricted from identifying he MAC addresses, then Fing App may create multiple networks provided Fing App is unable to read the MAC address and recognise if the devices are coming from same network or different. Only the network from Fing mobile app and Fing Desktop can merge, given the MAC address is being able to read by the Fing App. And if you select the Fing Desktop network from the Fing mobile app(not the Fingbox network) then if you have made any changes to Fing Desktop devices, you can view same on Fing mobile app. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • tedpoppke
    tedpoppke Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Robin, 

Thanks.

I had Fing Desktop installed for awhile, but removed it.
    There are very few Apple devices on my network, usually transient.

I have the FingBox, the app on my phone, and I access through a browser dashboard.

Ted
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @tedpoppke
    I would advice to remove the duplicate network by either merging them with each other or deleting them. Only try to merge or delete the non-fingbox networks. As mentioned, if you have a Fingbox and you are using a Fing Desktop, then you will see two networks, one from the Fingbox and one from the Fing Desktop.
    As Fing Desktop is a separate product, it works separately and does not integrate with Fingbox as of the moment. Same goes with Fingbox and Fing app network. When you manually run the scan on Fing app without watching Fingbox network, then also it will create separate network. Please ensure you have enabled location permissions for Fing app.
    As you are using an Apple device, then as apple restricted from identifying he MAC addresses, then Fing App may create multiple networks provided Fing App is unable to read the MAC address and recognise if the devices are coming from same network or different. Only the network from Fing mobile app and Fing Desktop can merge, given the MAC address is being able to read by the Fing App. And if you select the Fing Desktop network from the Fing mobile app(not the Fingbox network) then if you have made any changes to Fing Desktop devices, you can view same on Fing mobile app. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!