email alerts are stamping device time in GMT and not local

tribaljohn
tribaljohn Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Comment
The email alerts have a time that a device is seen or lost. These times are being stamped in GMT and not local time. If they are being sent from fingbox, they should use local time, if they are being sent from fing.io that should be stamped with account's local TZ. Or have I missed a setting somewhere? When I look at the device history I see them stamped in local time. Just not the email alert.

Thanks

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2021 #2
    @tribaljohn, if you go to the Fing web site, log in with your account and password.  Ten from your account dashboard go to notifications and edit your notification settings.  Choose timezone and change it to the closest one that reflects your area.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure you save it before you leave the page, otherwise your changes will be lost.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • tribaljohn
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks, Marc
    My TZ is already set correctly to America/New York. So I'm not sure what is not right.
    On the fing dashboard it reports as the correct TZ when looking at the events, however when the email arrives it shows 4 hours later.
    John
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks, Marc
    My TZ is already set correctly to America/New York. So I'm not sure what is not right.
    On the fing dashboard it reports as the correct TZ when looking at the events, however when the email arrives it shows 4 hours later.
    John
    As I can see from your account, you have selected America/New_York which is NEW YORK with '_' icon. Please check the time zone list and select New York without any '_' and this should resolve your issue. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • tribaljohn
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi Robin,
    Thanks for your response. When I look at the drop down box this is what I see (and what was already selected). I can't see any with a "_" in it, nor do I believe I had it selected. Any further assistance is appreciated.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @tribaljohn
    Can you send me screenshot of the email and DM it to me? Is the device timestamp also 4 hours late or is the time stamp identified correctly?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @tribaljohn
    Can you check over the period of 24-48 hours if the issue is fixed. We have updated the account manually. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • tribaljohn
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thank you - it is working correctly now
    Robin_from_Fing