Is my Fing V1 dying?

FredBro
FredBro Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited May 23, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
Lately my Fingbox has been acting weird, today when I launched Fing desktop it decided to tell me there was a new network. Really? On a device connected in my home? No. Never. If I open the desktop app it should show me the network I've been connected to since I first supported FingBox before it was a reality. Now I have to go in and tell Fing each of the 48 items to clear the question marks
Edit: Fing Desktop App 2.6.0 on MacOS 11.3.1
Fred Brodeur

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @FredBro
    I believe you are confusing between Fing desktop and Fingbox. Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

To address your query, have you scanned each access point by connecting to it through Fing desktop? Are you running Fing mobile app on an apple device?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FredBro
    FredBro Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin,
    Sorry for the late reply I am running Fing app on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The Desktop app (which right now has no devices listed) running on MacOS 11.3.1
    I mostly use the Desktop app when it's working. What I don't understand is why are there networks based on my SSID and networks based on my ISP.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @FredBro
    Can you open Activity monitor and close any runing Fing agents and then reboot your device and then open Fing desktop again? This should resolve the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!