App won't find Fing Box since replacing router

nickvano
nickvano Member Posts: 7
First Comment
when I plug the fing box into the new router it goes straight to blue, no green and the app find it when I try add Fingbox but it shows under devices. Any help welcome.

Answers

• nickvano
    First Comment
    sry typo - the app can't find it

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,743
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    nickvano said:
    when I plug the fing box into the new router it goes straight to blue, no green and the app find it when I try add Fingbox but it shows under devices. Any help welcome.
    If it turns blue then it means it is still connected to your Fing account. If you sign in with your email address then click on 3 lines icon and then you can see your Fingbox connected to it. To move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:
    • Click on the ‘Home‘ tab
    • Click on  ‘3 lines icon' screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Choose the Network with the Fingbox and hold down your finger an option to ‘Deactivate’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Deactivate’This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • nickvano
    First Comment
    i have gone through your instructions several times....nothing seems to work. 
    I've tried removing the fingbox in the app and finding it again
    i've tried resetting the fingbox with a paper clip
    i've tried unplugging and pluging back in etc 
    everytime it comes up flashing blue and the app doesn't find it as a new device
    pls help !
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @nickvano
    Blue led means Fingbox is already added to your Fing app. To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

• Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close
    If you still cant see the Fingbox then send me the MAC address of the Fingbox and picture of Fingbox displaying MAC address and i will check
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • nickvano
    First Comment
    ok . i seem to be getting somewhere. i've now managed to get to where i can set up different users and assign various devices. i'm now having trouble working out how to set time limits for the individual users . can you help me with that pls ?

• nickvano
    First Comment
    when i scroll down to manage this device i don't have the options to block / pause or schedule access. how do i get these options to appear ?

• nickvano
    First Comment
    the fingbox is still flashing blue but it's not being found when i try adding a fingbox in the app
  • nickvano
    First Comment
    although i can see it in the device list

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    nickvano said:
    although i can see it in the device list

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox and email address you use with Fing account so I can guide you better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @nickvano
    I have replied to you via your DM. Please check and reply directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)