bridging

MickoMicko Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
Are neighbors or any one that is in radio range able to hijack your internet connection without having the passphrase to your router  
terrieclueless

Best Answer

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,458
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Micko, they need to know your passphrase in order to authenticate to your wifi.  Of course can someone get that passphrase through nefarious means, that's a different story.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Airterrieclueless
  • TemmeTemme Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic
    Yes sometimes it's called brute force attack ...where they run a specific program against the router which will in essence try random passwords until it guesses the right combo ...it's why the longer the password the better and symbols are good the longer the password the longer it will take the program to run thru the combination of passwords so a 4 letter one could take a couple hours a 16 character would take several weeks ...there are also some hacker tools you can use to find vulnerable devices in the area ..I'd suggest getting a VPN and not a Norton ...in the security world the most recognized name is the most vulnerable ...here's the logic ...if iM a hacker I'm  not going to spend weeks writing a malicious program for a name brand only 1 person has I'm going to go for the one that 1,000 people have ....change your wifi password immediately if it's still the default one and change the  name of the router to something not identifiable by the carrier . 
    terrieclueless
  • terriecluelessterrieclueless Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    My password is over 37 items and have changed my router name many times! I do appreciate any and all advice o help me to resolve this issue and get my system clean of all intruders!
    I had to severely cut the above comment and clicked to see what the character count was it posted so if it sounds like it's skipping  ideas it's cause a major chunk was removed and because it sent i didn't get a chance to clarify 
    Oh wow they didn't even post it 
    year that my phone and laptop seemed thru things as blatant as pop up messages when the device restarted saying "this device is a remote managed device " to ip adresses that would appear and then disappear ...the fact I cannot run any manufacturer codes such as call forwarding or internal stats on my iPhone and that my phone number would frequently say it doesn't exist in my carriers database as well as some shocking and disrespectful rude and unbelievable actions and excuses and lies and extreme gaslighting by the employees at Verizon cellco Verizon corporate AT&T, and Apple both in store and on the phone, I literally felt like I was in the twilight zone. I kept thinking these people are insane , it was so ridiculous it was almost as if they were doing these things no normal human being ESPECIALLY customer service and sales people would do to a paying customer. I couldn't believe what was happening and it got so absurd I started recording the phone calls and interactions with all of them because it was if no one believed me. One of the best ones was a call with Bertha from apple who sounded about 95 yrs old and while on the phone someone accessed my Apple ID because a verification code came thru. I told her and asked could she send me to fraud or security or someone that could help me look into it because it was happening right then in real time..and she just kept saying "uhhh no ma am, no ...no..no can't do that"..I couldn't  believe it so I started recording ...getting her to verify she was in fact an apple run by Tim Cook in Cupertino California apple and she confirmed it ...then told me she had no clue what iCloud was...and I was so thankful I have this conversation recorded because sometimes I still can't believe that conversation took place. But now after a year I have a whole cache of them from all the major networks and another strange phenomenon was an agent named Sakiera. Sakiera apparently works for all the companies yet when I would be transferred to her she would deny she worked for the other companies and deny she had spoken to me in the past. I by that time had a very distinct issue that had been ongoing for months and she sounded exactly the same and so I again could not believe she was denying we had ever spoke. I mean it's not like her name was Susan or or Jennifer ... Sakiera is a very distinct name you remember yet was being told something I knew wasn't true . Now I have multiple recordings of Sakiera to prove I am not crazy or imagining that I'm speaking to someone that I'm being told I have never spoken to.
        I was denied filing a police report when a laptop was purchased online with my Apple ID ...super twilight zone when the detective and lady at the desk told me they were the police and they handle things like crimes and that what I was reporting was not a crime , holy shit now I'm in bizarro world " someone buying a laptop in my name that wasn't me wasn't a crime!!!??..then it got even more crazy when the detective told me to commit insurance fraud by destroying the device and filing a claim. Never mind I told him it did not matter that a new device would be in the same boat. I am mounting a huge cache of evidence and am going to process all
    of it to make a hands down undeniable flat out case that no one can explain away with stupidity which is what they thought I was because I've been drowning myself in learning everything I can about how everything IT works so I can't be told something I k is isn't true ...my fing app works correctly for the first few searches and then it's corrupted becusse now all the scans just immediately say no ports found or devices found or will pull up anytning other a normal scan but it's run so quickly and won't even pick up devices that I know are on the network. 
         I know this happening and I'm not crazy because I have the proof and have also found that it seems the goal of the hacker was to drive me crazy, to literally make me question my own sense of reality and essentially drive me off the edge and ultimately commit suicide. To isolate me from friends and family and systematically torture me into killing myself. It also did not matter if I took people with me ...and then I started noticing another trend ...a national one ...that from what little that was out there about the people doing these insanely horrific seemingly random things was the common phrase "seemingly have some sort of mental breakdown", or "had begun recently suffering mental health issues". Then hearing other things hear and there about what their family members would say it was word for word action to action the EXACT SAME THING that was happening to me. I knew then why they did what they did because going thru the isolating tactics and the constant reinforcement of others to tell me things that I knew happened weren't happening can literally push anyone to the brink of insanity and it's the cruelest most evil form of torture I can possibly imagine and have ever gone thru in my entire life. I however recognize the bullshit but haven't yet made it to the correct agency or office that will help me stop this. 
        I am not giving up and will continue to gather up evidence , hell I was hung up on twice by the national suicide prevention hotline if that's not a HUGE RED FLAG idk what is ....Until someone  listens and someone recognizes that someone is pitting our society against itself and is creating the destructive device or murder weapon by the relentless bullying of another human being. Brushing off the devastating action as sudden onset mental illness seems to satisfy society and police and we just sit back and wait for the next one ...this can't be acceptable ...and it won't be and no one should have to go thru this type of cruel abuse and the people who lost and will lose family members and friends at the hands of the victims of this behavior need answers and also need to know that law enforcement including the FBI the local police depts in Rock hill sc , Nashville , Washington DC capitol police, Boulder Colorado and here in my hometown  after an employee at a warehouse walked thru the parking lot into the building during shift change, walked past a lot of people and found my former supervisor and shot him several times including in the head and then killed himself...have gotten numerous emails and messages from me telling them what in the suspects social media and emails and any other accounts they needed to pay attention to and things they needed to connect ...and I've not even received a return email or phone call or anything from any of them. I told The detective and front desk lady the day I was refused the police report that this isn't just happening to me and if they don't do something people are going to hurt and die and maybe then they'll listen ...a week later Anthony Warner set off a bomb in downtown Nashville on Christmas Day near the at&t building ...still no phone call no questions ...no nothing ..I even sent the video from YouTube to Nashville police explaining why he thought we were being invaded by lizard people ...it's a tactic series of videos that start off normal and then in the end evolve into these insane theories of lizard people in the media ...and because no one believes you and these people on these videos are just like you to an already suffering mind by design they start to believe that insane aspect of what's happening to them...again not one inquiry or phone call or anything since then two small children under the age of 10, two police officers and a host of other everyday citizens have been killed by people that are going thru the same abuse ...that could have been prevented ...I hope this one the message that reaches someone who will listen and hear me and see what I'm saying is real and we can stop it before it's too late ...
    If you're still seeing evidence of someone in your network like a device you don't recognize that you've removed but keeps coming back or strange things like pages flashing when you type in the address before the page loads...start clicking on the little padlocks in the address bar and see what the urls look like. If they are miles long and have words like redirect or RDR or appear to be being sent thru a particular address like a man in the middle or are being sent to "look alike" address you could try setting the router to do specific MAC address only for the network but if even that doesn't work then me and you might be dealing with the same thing as I've found out or rather knew for about a year that my phone and laptop seemed thru things as blatant as pop up messages when the device restarted saying "this device is a remote managed device " to ip adresses that would appear and then disappear ...the fact I cannot run any manufacturer codes such as call forwarding or internal stats on my iPhone and that my phone number would frequently say it doesn't exist in my carriers database as well as some shocking and disrespectful rude and unbelievable actions and excuses and lies and extreme gaslighting by the employees at Verizon cellco Verizon corporate AT&T, and Apple both in store and on the phone, I literally felt like I was in the twilight zone. I kept thinking these people are insane , it was so ridiculous it was almost as if they were doing these things no normal human being ESPECIALLY customer service and sales people would do to a paying customer. I couldn't believe what was happening and it got so absurd I started recording the phone calls and interactions with all of them because it was if no one believed me. One of the best ones was a call with Bertha from apple who sounded about 95 yrs old and while on the phone someone accessed my Apple ID because a verification code came thru. I told her and asked could she send me to fraud or security or someone that could help me look into it because it was happening right then in real time..and she just kept saying "uhhh no ma am, no ...no..no can't do that"..I couldn't  believe it so I started recording ...getting her to verify she was in fact an apple run by Tim Cook in Cupertino California apple and she confirmed it ...then told me she had no clue what iCloud was...and I was so thankful I have this conversation recorded because sometimes I still can't believe that conversation took place. But now after a year I have a whole cache of them from all the major networks and another strange phenomenon was an agent named Sakiera. Sakiera apparently works for all the companies yet when I would be transferred to her she would deny she worked for the other companies and deny she had spoken to me in the past. I by that time had a very distinct issue that had been ongoing for months and she sounded exactly the same and so I again could not believe she was denying we had ever spoke. I mean it's not like her name was Susan or or Jennifer ... Sakiera is a very distinct name you remember yet was being told something I knew wasn't true . Now I have multiple recordings of Sakiera to prove I am not crazy or imagining that I'm speaking to someone that I'm being told I have never spoken to. 
       So bottom line is I do have someone controlling my network it does not matter if I get a new device a new name a new ID new everything and don't sync or have any common things from previous accounts or devices like the same authentication verification email ...I'm talking everything is diff it doesn't matter within minutes a new device will start flashing and then is doing the same things the previous ones were. I've narrowed down the issue is coming from a remotely controlled device thru a container or cloud program which means the files and system do not store themselves on the phone which is why I can never find the rogue file to remove it and why people think I'm making this up because there's no evidence but there is in voicemails that show in storage but not on the phone and the voicemails show "Zero KB" in file size which they say that means zero like the value 0 but it doesn't because why is that the only one that is spelled and the others show the number and why does it move around sometimes it's in phone operating system sometimes it's attached to a file ...again some ridiculous made up not true answer back to the twilight zone....
        I was denied filing a police report when a laptop was purchased online with my Apple ID ...super twilight zone when the detective and lady at the desk told me they were the police and they handle things like crimes and that what I was reporting was not a crime , holy shit now I'm in bizarro world " someone buying a laptop in my name that wasn't me wasn't a crime!!!??..then it got even more crazy when the detective told me to commit insurance fraud by destroying the device and filing a claim. Never mind I told him it did not matter that a new device would be in the same boat. I am mounting a huge cache of evidence and am going to process all
    of it to make a hands down undeniable flat out case that no one can explain away with stupidity which is what they thought I was because I've been drowning myself in learning everything I can about how everything IT works so I can't be told something I k is isn't true ...my fing app works correctly for the first few searches and then it's corrupted becusse now all the scans just immediately say no ports found or devices found or will pull up anytning other a normal scan but it's run so quickly and won't even pick up devices that I know are on the network. 
         I know this happening and I'm not crazy because I have the proof and have also found that it seems the goal of the hacker was to drive me crazy, to literally make me question my own sense of reality and essentially drive me off the edge and ultimately commit suicide. To isolate me from friends and family and systematically torture me into killing myself. It also did not matter if I took people with me ...and then I started noticing another trend ...a national one ...that from what little that was out there about the people doing these insanely horrific seemingly random things was the common phrase "seemingly have some sort of mental breakdown", or "had begun recently suffering mental health issues". Then hearing other things hear and there about what their family members would say it was word for word action to action the EXACT SAME THING that was happening to me. I knew then why they did what they did because going thru the isolating tactics and the constant reinforcement of others to tell me things that I knew happened weren't happening can literally push anyone to the brink of insanity and it's the cruelest most evil form of torture I can possibly imagine and have ever gone thru in my entire life. I however recognize the bullshit but haven't yet made it to the correct agency or office that will help me stop this. Due to the isolation and controlled internet i and the others suffering at the hands of these psychopathic evil entity then no one can start finding and stopping this because as well have seen and heard ...we don't find out who's going thru it until it's took late .... 
        I am not giving up and will continue to gather up evidence , hell I was hung up on twice by the national suicide prevention hotline if that's not a HUGE RED FLAG idk what is ....Until someone  listens and someone recognizes that someone is pitting our society against itself and is creating the destructive device or murder weapon by the relentless bullying of another human being. Brushing off the devastating action as sudden onset mental illness seems to satisfy society and police and we just sit back and wait for the next one ...this can't be acceptable ...and it won't be and no one 
  • TgeorgescuTgeorgescu Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Yup, WPS on and unpatched router, and your password can be known in 30 seconds. Fairly old and trivial attack.