Raspberry Pi

WdinonWdinon Member Posts: 4
First Comment

This is probably a dumb question,bear with me, but on my network I have an HP pavilion laptop listed as laptop-pi4rhbqa. I was wondering if the pi4rhbqa referenced raspberry pi?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 172
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If your HP Pavilion is running Windows 10, "laptop-pi4rhbqa" is, most likely, the "Computer Name" that was automatically generated, when Windows 10 was installed. The "pi4rhbqa" could possibly be part of the laptop's serial number. It's just a coincidence that it starts with "pi4". To check, in the "Type here to search" text field, on your Windows 10 task bar, type, without the quotes, "pc name". The search should bring up "View your PC name", and click on "Open", on the right side. It will open Windows "Settings". Under "Device specifications", look for "Device name".
    MarcWdinon

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Wdinon said:

This is probably a dumb question,bear with me, but on my network I have an HP pavilion laptop listed as laptop-pi4rhbqa. I was wondering if the pi4rhbqa referenced raspberry pi?

Thanks!

Have you check the device MAC address if it is HP device or raspberry pie?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • WdinonWdinon Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Thanks for your reply :). I just checked and the first four of the Mac address (BC:54:2F) came back as Intel.