Fing Desktop newer than 2.4.1

Giftzwerg
Giftzwerg Member Posts: 18
10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary
I had been operating FingBox in business, and it could not continue operating with outward calls and connects from outside after a very restrictive AAEON firewall had been installed, which only leaves ports 22, 80, 443 open.
Now, with Fing Desktop, it worked completely up to version 2.4.1. Since version 2.5 and now 2.6, the listing of clients in the lan remains empty, and on "Network"-tab, Fing desktop appears to be stuck. Maybe this is related to the new security certificate which cannot be verified due to blocked ports?
datagod

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Thanks @Giftzwerg
    I can certainly pass on the suggestion to developers for consideration but for now, apart from upgrade there wont be much of a solution because as soon as you will launch Fing desktop then it will connect to servers and look for the latest version and will try to upgrade.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,714
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Giftzwerg, let me tag @Robin from Fing to see if he can direct you towards a solution.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Giftzwerg
    For Fing desktop, you need to make sure to open these ports: 80, 443, 4443, 5671. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Giftzwerg
    Giftzwerg Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks, I had suspected so, I am missing some open ports. Unfortunately, I am not the network admin there, and this admin at our business office will likely not open these ports for me. I assume that Fing Desktop version 2.41, for which I had not noticed disturbed communication across the restricted ports, had not yet used ports 4443 and 5671. At least, somehow vers. 2.4.1 works without them, but I cannot upgrade beyond that in business office. Can you keep access of the old version 2.4.1 open for people like me, who cannot upgrade to using the new security certificate? That's a proposal to your developers.
    I had a similar problem on CyberGhost VPN, which also got stuck on missing opened ports; I could only solve it by using a stealth-VPN which is channelling all of its traffic through ports 80 & 443 (e.g. Proton-VPN). So, in my office in business lan, I am feeling like "behind the great Chinese firewall"  ;-)