Fing Desktop and Avi-On Remote Access Bridge

fitz43
fitz43 Member Posts: 6
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited May 5, 2021 in Fing Desktop discussions #1
I use a AVI-On Remote Access Bridge (RAB) to do some home lighting automation. I have used the Fing App for a while, but recently installed the desktop. When I use the DHCP Discovery tool, it reports 2 servers on the network. One is the ISP's gateway and the other is the RAB. It shows a couple of disturbing items in the report. First it misidentifies the device as a Apple-iPhone and secondly it says that the RAB is on a Domain that is not the Domain that the network is named. The RAB communicates to the connected devices (electrical switches) through bluetooth, so I'm quite puzzled by seeing it labeled as a DHCP server.

Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in a direction I can try to find the answer to my query?
Thanks.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,660
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 #2
    Hi @fitz43, I moved this to the Fing Desktop discussion area for relevance.  On the mis-identified gateway device, did it get all of the details correct but the device type?  AKA are the Mac address and IP correct?  if they are, you can change the identification by clicking on recognize when on the device screen.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @fitz43
    Can you share the screenshot of the scan with me? You can DM it to me if you want. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • fitz43

• fitz43
    MAC and IP are correct. Recognize either gives me a list of iPhone models to choose from or puts up stuff from Fingpedia not the correct Brand. When I add Avi-On, it asks me to choose from three Cavion items. I submitted Avi-On to Fingpedia yesterday. 
  • fitz43
    Avi-On support has told me that there is a DHCP server mode with the RAB and has told me how to disable it. Hold the button on the top of the device for 3 seconds to enable/disable DHCP server mode. The only outstanding issue is the misidentification of the device. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    fitz43 said:
    Avi-On support has told me that there is a DHCP server mode with the RAB and has told me how to disable it. Hold the button on the top of the device for 3 seconds to enable/disable DHCP server mode. The only outstanding issue is the misidentification of the device. 
    You can manually recognise the misrecognised devices. Either you can delete the devices and then run the scan again or you can click on the device and then Click on Icon "Recognize" device   
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • fitz43
    If I delete the device and rescan I get this:

If I try to Recognize and input Avi-On Labs - RAB I get this:

Neither of which fixes the error Fing has with identifying the device or allowing me to correct it. I sent the info to Fingpedia when I first made this post.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,660
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin , is there an sla on when requests to Fingapedia get resolved or addressed?

It would be nice to be able to see a status.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    fitz43
  • fitz43
    Fingpedia hasn't been updated. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Marc said:

@Robin , is there an sla on when requests to Fingapedia get resolved or addressed?

It would be nice to be able to see a status.

There isnt any timeframe as we pass on the feedback to developers and then they take action on the user's feedback. I will seek further advice from developers and update here. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)