Please tell me what the last 2 figures represent? I have identified the known devices on this netw.

mkearns
mkearns Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
edited May 5, 2021 in Fing Desktop discussions #1

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @mkearns
    The 21/180 shows that there are 180 devices identified on your network out of which you have identified 21 as your devices. If you check device list, there are some yellow (?) icon, once you click on it, it means you have identified that device as known or your device.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mkearns
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 8, 2021 #3
    Thank you but,......This is incorrect, as far I know regarding the number of known devices. I have turned on all the known devices in my building and identified them (or so I thought)  but for a few stray staff cell phones.... There are more than 21 known devices! Please clarify.
  • mkearns
    First Comment Photogenic
    OK then.... Please tell me ow can I double-check the devices that ARE RECOGNIZED on my network. ... AND What is the difference between "recognizing" starring" and "flagging."
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    mkearns said:
    OK then.... Please tell me ow can I double-check the devices that ARE RECOGNIZED on my network. ... AND What is the difference between "recognizing" starring" and "flagging."
    Can you share the device list screenshot so I can guide you better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mkearns
    First Comment Photogenic
    Then why are so few devices then listed as unrecognized out of the 60 online now?

• mkearns
    First Comment Photogenic
    And then there is this: Full recognition 209 of 211 online and the new stats below. Please advise.

• mkearns
    First Comment Photogenic
    I am hoping someone can help me interpret these figures correctly!! I would be ever so grateful.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    mkearns said:
    I am hoping someone can help me interpret these figures correctly!! I would be ever so grateful.
    The last two digits represent the number of confirmed devices over the number of total devices
    In your case,  your network has seen 180 devices, but you only confirmed 21 of them.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)