Granting permanent admin rights to the app

chwats
chwats Member Posts: 1
edited May 4, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
Hello, each time there is an update to the app, I have to give it my admin password. Since this is a known app and trusted I'd like to grant permanent admin access so I do not have to provide a password each time. I am running the app on all Apple devices. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks in advance
Joker1992

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,664
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @chwats, I'm guessing there is no easy way as the Fing Desktop app is probably installing pieces outside of the users folder which is why this trigger is probably happening.  @Robin , does Fing have a response to @chwats question? 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Every time there is a new version, then it will start to install the application again and thus you may have to enter the admin password at the start so it can be installed. As of now, this can't be avoided. As Fing desktop requires admin privileges to perform its functions thus it is a requirement for apple devices to ask for the admin password.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc
  • Ch4ZZ
    Ch4ZZ Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @Robin, does the fing desktop on Windows require administrator privileges as well? I know it does for installation (it installs in C:\program files) but how about in normal operations.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Ch4ZZ said:
    @Robin, does the fing desktop on Windows require administrator privileges as well? I know it does for installation (it installs in C:\program files) but how about in normal operations.
    If you are using an admin account or account with admin privileges then it will not ask for normal operations.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!