How do I delete primary network following change of network provider?

KeithG
KeithG Member Posts: 7
First Comment
Recently moved from Vodafone to BT.  Fing Web App and iPhone App just won't let me get rid of VodafoneConnect Network. It shows as "Connected" and there is no dropdown option list with Delete available for this network.  The BT network shows BELOW the Vodafone one, and ridiculously this DOES have a dropdown list with Delete option! Aagh!
I have tried resetting the Fingbox in the hope that it would forget the old network, but no luck.  It seems to be working again, but now has solid GREEN lights instead of the usual BLUE (solid Green is not shown as a valid option on the Fing LED guide!)  

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you swipe left, what does it show?  I just did a quick look on my iPhone version and I get a trashcan icon on my primary connected network when I swipe left to delete it.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • KeithG
    First Comment
    There was a symbol with ._ x3 next to my current wifi which did lead to a list of monitored networks, which gave me the option to detach from networks and that finally seems to have worked. Fingbox is still lit solid green though, not blue, so something still not right...
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good, one step down at least. Let’s get @Robin from Fing involved to see if he can help on the solid green light on the Fingbox. The only green light I am familiar with is pulsing and that means it’s ready to activate.

• KeithG
    First Comment
    Yes, me too. Desktop mac Fing app seems to be working normally though.
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the desktop app does NOT use the Fingbox discovered network.  It can only manage what it has discovered on its own.  However, new versions of the mobile app can manage networks discovered by the desktop application.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    KeithG said:
    There was a symbol with ._ x3 next to my current wifi which did lead to a list of monitored networks, which gave me the option to detach from networks and that finally seems to have worked. Fingbox is still lit solid green though, not blue, so something still not right...
    Can you DM me the MAC address of your Fingbox and the email address you are using to run Fing app? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • KeithG
    First Comment
    Hi Robin
    Did you receive my DM with the details requested? I have again retried resetting the Fingbox. For the last two days it just flashes green now and gives this message at its IP address - I guess it is probably f*cked? Is there any way of running diagnostic tests on it?
    Thanks

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    HI @KeithG
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!