Why does Fing just tries to connect over ethernet if Wi-Fi is selected?

hackedonion
hackedonion Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 27, 2021 in Fing Desktop discussions #1
First of all, I got a Mac with an ethernet adapter (eth0) and a wi-fi card (en0). Of course the Wi-Fi Card (en0) is selected cause im not using ethernet. But Fing always tries to connect to the ethernet adapter! Means i cant just scan my network or do any port scan on the devices connected on my network. Just the normal tools work and even a speedtest works over my wireless network. Any idea how to fix it?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,081
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @hackedonion, I moved this to the Fing Desktop area for relevance for you.  I'm tagging @Robin from Fing to see if there is a way to change the default network to WiFi from Ethernet.  @Robin, I see the same behavior from my Mac as well.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc said:
    @hackedonion, I moved this to the Fing Desktop area for relevance for you.  I'm tagging @Robin from Fing to see if there is a way to change the default network to WiFi from Ethernet.  @Robin, I see the same behavior from my Mac as well.
    Can you share the screenshot of this? On my Mac, the priority is set for Wireless and not the Ethernet.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,081
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @robin, Here you go...  Local network always shows ethernet by default.  Note I have two active connections, one wifi and one ethernet on this Mac .

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • hackedonion
    hackedonion Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    And here u got my things which are rly weird.