Fing desktop issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Fing Desktop 2.5.1.

Comments

• Fizziksguru
    Fizziksguru Member Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    Why can't you just fix the desktop? This is the third day I have tried to "sign in" and nothing happens. I just read some of your solutions and one person's success. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,766
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Fizziksguru
    Can you share what O.S are you using? Also, can you share the screenshot of the error? Are you using Wireshark by any chance?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Fizziksguru
    I have never heard of wireshark. Screenshot would just be the desktop sign in page. I'm using Windows 10.
  • Fizziksguru
    I have used the Fing app on two iPads and an iPhone for years and I have two Fing boxes at separate houses. They work fine thank you.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    I have never heard of wireshark. Screenshot would just be the desktop sign in page. I'm using Windows 10.
    Does it say: Fing service not found or Authentication failed? Can you share the screenshot of the Fing desktop so I can help you better.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Fizziksguru
    The screenshot is my monitor. I can move among the 5 panels. NOTHING else will work. The big blue “Sign In” does nothing. The only thing that seems to do anything is the “background app” will open this frustrating page.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @Fizziksguru
    We have released a new Fing desktop version. Can you please uninstall this version and download and install the latest version and check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)