Ever since I put Fing on my desktop I lose my network constantly. I NEVER had this problem before.

MrBoo
MrBoo Member Posts: 3
First Comment
Why do I keep losing my internet connection with FING on my desktop???

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,675
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hi @MrBoo, I moved this to the Fing desktop area for relevance. Can you let us know if your using the windows or macOS version. Also which version of the desktop os are you using. Lastly, which version of Fing. 

Tagging @Robin from Fing to see if he can help out. He might need more info from you but wait till he responds. 

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • MrBoo
    First Comment
    I have windows 10 so I assume I am using the windows version. Not sure which version of Fing. I actually thought that I removed the app.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,766
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MrBoo said:
    I have windows 10 so I assume I am using the windows version. Not sure which version of Fing. I actually thought that I removed the app.
    We havent had any reports of this issue from any other user. Can you let me know how did you isolate the issue that Fing desktop is disconnecting the network so I can investigate?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MrBoo
    First Comment
    the problem only started after I installed Fing on my desktop. Whenever I got disconnected I would get a notice from Fing that my network was disconnected.
    I had been using this computer and network for 5 years without this problem before I installed Fing.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,766
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MrBoo said:
    the problem only started after I installed Fing on my desktop. Whenever I got disconnected I would get a notice from Fing that my network was disconnected.
    I had been using this computer and network for 5 years without this problem before I installed Fing.

The alerts you are referring to comes when your device was either in sleep mode or the Fing desktop was unable to connect to the internet. When you click on the notification, it takes you to home tab to either re-run the scan or check if there is any error. When you manually scan or refresh the network, then Fing desktop re-runs the network scan and is able to talk to its servers and run the checks identifying everything is working alright.  

The Connectivity alert is only for that particular time when Fing desktop was unable to run checks due to the device was in sleep mode or the internet was disconnected. You can always refresh the scan to make sure if everything is working alright at the current time.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!