WiFi frequency channels

How do I scan and view my WiFi frequency channels to see what channels are free? 

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,766
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MomeMau said:

How do I scan and view my WiFi frequency channels to see what channels are free? 

You can use Fing desktop or you can manually login to router settings and check the set up to which channels your Wifi is broadcasting?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,675
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    To add, if you have an iPhone , you can download the airport utility.  It will show you which channels are in use and its free...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • MomeMau
    MomeMau Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I will try FING Desktop tomorrow and see what I can find.

I’ve tried manually logging into router settings from phone and desktop (http://10.0.0.1) and all browsers “can’t find the page” or some error message like that. Router is Comcast/Xfinity and it used to work. They can’t tell me why it doesn’t work now. :/

AirPort Utility (on iPhone) just gets to this screen ands keeps on spinning.

I’m out of things to try other than desktop FING.

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,675
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 #5

One more step. You need to enable it from the airport utilities setting. Once you do that you will see the below option.

https://wifi.rainbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Using-Airport-Utility-to-Scan-WiFi-Network-Signal-Strength.pdf

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • MomeMau
    MomeMau Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

AirPort Utility is working now!

(Now I just need to figure out my Gateway and Router Admin issues - but that’s a Comcast problem, not FING.)

😁😁😁

Robin_from_Fing
  • REWard
    REWard Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I have an Android phone and use several different free apps for all kinds of network testing/troubleshooting. One of the good ones for Wi-Fi, is Wi-Fi Analyzer, gives all kinds of good info on signals near by.

Marc