Packet Flood from Fing network

Justincrediable
Justincrediable Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 13, 2021 in Fingbox #1

Can some one at fingbox look into this ip that is owned by fingbox. At between 2 am and 3 am cst I had over 66 thousand request coming into my small 15 device network a majority of the request came from this ipI do not believe this was intentional but a misconfigured device. I would like to work with fing before sending off an email to the abuse department

Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Justincrediable, I’ve moved this to the Fingbox area for relevance.  Also, tagging @Robin from Fing to see if he can figure out what is going on.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @Justincrediable
    I am seeking developers' advice for this one and I will get back to you with an update. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @Justincrediable
    Apologies for delay in response. We checked and I would like to update that this is a remote penetration testing server: 88.99.37.190 which scans and checks all the 65k ports, so it takes time but it’s weekly, unchanged for years.
    If it is happening every 30 secs then we can disable it from our backend. Would you like us to disable this? Looking forward to your reply.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Justincrediable
    Justincrediable Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly . I feel this feature should be opt in for all fingbox users . If i wanted to test my network I would have asked for it. Please opt me out of this feature . If it happens again I am taking the fingbox off my network.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @Justincrediable
    I have passed on your details to Dev team and they will disable the scan manually to resolve this. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)