Fingbox and AmpliFi Alien router

Fabian
Fabian Member, Beta Tester Posts: 53
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
✭✭
edited April 11, 2021 in Fingbox #1
After activating a "newer" Fingbox v2 (thanks @Robin for the reset!) on with my Alien router (3.4.3), I notice that I’m getting 4 additonal Alien routers showing up in the Fing Desktop 2.5.1 app and the Fingbox has a pulsing Blue LED, as expected, indicating that a new device has joined the network. 
The “main” Alien router and MeshPoint also show up as expected.  And if it helps any, I'm also running Homebridge and Pi-hole on a Raspberry Pi with Pi-hole running as the DNS (CloudFlare)/DHCP server.

Oh, almost forgot, if I accept/acknowledge them and then delete the entries, they'll return later.
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Fabian
    It seems like some device or application may be Pi-hole or router is creating virtual mac addresses which is picked up as new device. You can check with their MAC address if they show same MAC address or no MAC at all.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Fabian
    ✭✭
    @Robin, all four entries do show MAC addressed, but they don't match up to the Mac address associated with the Alien router's.  Here's what the Fing Desktop app shows...
    Hope this helps.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Fabian
    As the MAC addresses don't match that means Fing is working correctly in identifying new devices. If I check with the MAC address, those devices does not correspond to any vendor so it seems they are virtual MAC generated by any device or application.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Fabian
    ✭✭
    @Robin thanks for the info and I'll forward it to the AmpliFi folks.