Can't reset my fingbox

SYQ
SYQ Member Posts: 1

Hi all,

I would like to check if someone faced the same issue. I used my fingbox before without any issues. After sometime, I changed my network so I tried to reset my fingbox following the normal steps:

By unplugging the power, then holding the reset button, and plug it back while holding the reset button and after finalizing the wiping unplug and plug back the power.

But the issue is that the light didn't get green so that I can proceed with setup steps.

Anyone had the same issue and found a solution.

Thank you

Regards

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SYQ
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my mail directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Uncle_Arthur
    Uncle_Arthur Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Robin said:
    Hi @SYQ
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my mail directly. Thanks
    Can you send me the email too please Robin, I have precisely the same issue.

Thanks

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle_Arthur said: Can you send me the email too please Robin, I have precisely the same issue.

Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jwhowa
    jwhowa Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have this exact issue -- however, in my case, the Fing was purchased from Ebay and I have no idea what accounts might have been associated with it in the past -- hence I want to completely reset it and attach to my network.  Blinking lights happen when I use the reset/power combination, but after hours of sitting rebooted after the reset, green light never comes on.  White light stays on, and device can not be discovered.  Any assistance?
  • Rosearch
    Rosearch ScotlandMember Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

I purchased a used fingbox as well, I have reset the box including power cycle at the end. Fingbox is now flashing blue. I am aware I need to send the MAC address and photo in order to completely reset and add to my network. How can I go about doing this?

Thanks.

• jwhowa
    I hope they will reply here, Rosearch.  I have seen Find "Jose" reply to others but he has not responded to me as of yet.
  • jwhowa
    Neither has @Robin_from_Fing.  Maybe they are on vacation.
  • Rosearch

Fingers crossed 🤞

It seems odd there’s not a straightforward procedure to follow.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @jwhowa
    Apologies for delay in responding. I have sent you a private mail to resolve this quickly. Please check the inbox. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Rosearch
    edited August 17, 2021 #11

@Robin_from_Fing

Hi Robin, would you be able to help we as well with regards to the same issue?

Thanks.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rosearch
    I replied to your DM. Please check. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • jwhowa
    Has anyone in this thread actually been able to get their Fing reset?  Robin has contacted me, leaving me an email about once a day with things to try, but still no luck...  My light blinks green now, but there is no way to add the Fingbox to my account.  He has not responded to my latest request, but if I get it working, I will report back.

At this point, I'd have to suggest to anyone considering a USED fing, forget about it...  It's not like any normal device you can just reset back to factory spec and move on with a new owner.

Fing corp has to do something magic to it, or you have what i have --- which is a lovely green glowing white box of nothing lol.

• RENNYFUR
    RENNYFUR Member Posts: 2

I have the same issues!

Thanks!

@Robin_from_Fing

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    RENNYFUR said:

I have the same issues!

Thanks!

@Robin_from_Fing

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox and explain issue in detail so I can guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • RENNYFUR
    RENNYFUR Member Posts: 2

@Robin_from_Fing I send you a DM

• kingburnie
    kingburnie Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have the same issue. I cannot reset my Fing. Please help !!!
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I cannot reset my Fing. Please help !!!
    Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can guide you better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • awm40
    awm40 Member Posts: 1
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 15, 2021 #19

Robin, to save you some time on this troubleshooting issue, can't you post a general process to reset a Fingbox in this section? Or is it so involved that someone in the "Fing" office needs to interact with each complaint?

We do live in a world of automation now. Just seems odd that we cannot reset our devices without interaction with another human. No disrespect intended. Thx

Sincerely,

Terry

• kochm10
    kochm10 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    I have the same issue. Fingbox is not responding and resseting results in white flashing and a after reboot a constant red.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @awm40
    To reset Fingbox from your Fing app, follow these simple steps:
    • Click on the ‘Home‘ tab
    • Click on 3 lines icon and it will open ‘Networks’ screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Choose the Network with the Fingbox(start with F0:23:B9) and long tap or swipe and an option to ‘Deactivate/Delete’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Delete’. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 2
    edited November 4, 2021 #22
    @Robin_from_Fing After years of working fine, my Fingbox disappeared off my app awhile ago and I haven't been able to get it back on. I tried resetting it to start from scratch, which seems to have worked (it's green) but when I search to add it with the app I get a message that it's connected to another account (my account) so I can't add it. How can I reconnect it to my app, or reset it so I can start over?
  • MickeyAO
    MickeyAO Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    My problem is the LED ring stays flashing green. 
  • MickeyAO
    MickeyAO Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Since I have an original Fing Box, where the descriptions on fix actions no longer match, I went looking to buy a new one...they are unavailable and Amazon doesn't know when they will become available again.  What's up with that?  Going out of business?
  • Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 2
    Elan said:
    @Robin_from_Fing After years of working fine, my Fingbox disappeared off my app awhile ago and I haven't been able to get it back on. I tried resetting it to start from scratch, which seems to have worked (it's green) but when I search to add it with the app I get a message that it's connected to another account (my account) so I can't add it. How can I reconnect it to my app, or reset it so I can start over?
    Thanks for whatever y'all did, woke up this morning and it's working again.