offline notification (push notification)

Cbax
Cbax Member Posts: 12
First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
How do you change the  offline notification  (push notification)   I am using starlink satellite internet so  brief outages happen.  Is there a way to set it so it will wait   15 minutes before it sends notification that internet is offline?

Answers

• DathIzNAth
    DathIzNAth TacosMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments Photogenic
    It will be helpful to know which platform you using for. Think is Android, iOS, Mac, Windows.?

Also, what's the fing software that you using for the specific operating system.?

Thanks for that info. In advance.
  • Cbax
      on s8 android , Fing v11.0.2

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Cbax said:
    How do you change the  offline notification  (push notification)   I am using starlink satellite internet so  brief outages happen.  Is there a way to set it so it will wait   15 minutes before it sends notification that internet is offline?
    Unfortunately, there is no featre for Fing app to wait for certain time before sending outage alerts. You can disable the alerts as a whole if you want.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Cbax
    how do I  turn off just the  offline notification and have  on the  other alerts?  
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Cbax said:
    how do I  turn off just the  offline notification and have  on the  other alerts?  
    You can disable alerts from specific device by disabling state change alerts on Fing app or you can disable alerts as a whole from Fing app settings by clicking on Account tab.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Cbax
    I am looking to just disable the fing if it loses connection as a whole,  not each device.  When using starlink internet it will often disconnect for brief periods.  It seems the fing and starlink are not a good match , many false positives of connection .
  • Cbax
    Robin said:
    Cbax said:
    You can disable alerts from specific device by disabling state change alerts on Fing app or you can disable alerts as a whole from Fing app settings by clicking on Account tab.
    Account tab then what?- 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Cbax said:
    Robin said:
    Cbax said:
    Account tab then what?- 
    You will see Notification settings there if you scroll down. Click on Notification settings and then change according to your requirement.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)