Country Location is wrong

Athos
Athos Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2, 2021 in Fing App #1
Hello
When I test my internet speed, the country location is wrong. I live in Limassol Cyprus and my ISP is also in Cyprus but Fing gives me another country location, Athens, Greece. See attached pictures. How is this corrected please?

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Athos

Can you check if correct Timezone is set in the fing app settings and make sure location permissions are enabled for the Fing app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Athos
    Athos Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Both are correct

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Athos
    In addition to Ciaran's advice, from the screenshot, I can see that Fing app reads the ssid as unknown access point. It means that you have not enabled location permissions for the Fing app. Can you make sure location permissions are enabled and then add all access point to your Fing/Fingbox network.

In order to add the access point for Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  
     After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!