“Owned by” tag on devices appearing on Fing Desktop
Hi all — I’ve noticed that Fing Desktop auto-declares some devices as being “owned by”. These tags seem not only automated (Fing choses them for me) but also not user-definable (I can’t tag my iPhone as being “owned by” me, but my Apple Watch has been by Fing, for instance).
There doesn’t seem to be a “presence” preset like on iOS, and those tags cover multiple devices, so it seems more about ownership than flagging a presence on the network.
I used the plural for “tags” as, in my network, Fing has decided to declare two people “owning” devices.
Anyone has any insight on how this works, and if there’s any way to control these tags?
Thank you in advance!
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 931 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 408 Fing Account Change Request
- 877 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 148 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides