Use a Fingbox that's been used elsewhere.

Hi I've been using Fing for a while and thought I'd try a used Fingbox before buying a new one for my main network. The original user didn't disconnect the Fingbox from his account but has now emailed support to have that sorted.
How can I tell if the disconnection has happened ?
The Fingbox currently displays flashing blue semi circles and won't go green at all. I assume this is a sign its not connected to my account ?
Thanks
Nick

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,306
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the folks from Fing can see if your Fingbox is disassociated.  You will probably have to send them, privately some sort of proof that you own it.  Wait for them to contact you...  Tagging @Robin or @Ciaran for assistance .
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,097
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    thanks @Marc for your support.
    @NIck4275
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Rulldawg1Rulldawg1 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

@Marc i have the same issue. Can someone from support DM me?!

• NIck4275NIck4275 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Mine is working fine now its been released by support. Make sure you have your proof of purchase as they'll need to see it.
    Rulldawg1
    @Robin, @Ciaran, @Marc - how does one escalate the issue I'm having? On April 5th I commented I had the same issue as @NIck4275 but have not heard from Fing. I'm getting alerts with what I consider sensitive information from a Fing user. There is no clear way for me to disassociate from a Fing device that I returned. 

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,168
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Rulldawg1, apologies for the delay in response. We have now disassociated the Fingbox from your account. The Fingbox is now free to be connected a new Fing Account. We will also confirm via private mail. Thanks.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!