Error Merging Networks

GdayJay
GdayJay Member Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
edited May 18, 2021 in Fing App #1
Hey everyone,  any suggestions why I would be getting this error when i attempt to merge two networks? 
Two networks were created (and ongoing) as one computer is connected via cat5 whilst the other is via the wifi.. 
Any ideas ? 

Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi, You can only merge the networks which are from same network but different access point. Is this what you are trying to achieve?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GdayJay
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes so they are the same network... Just one is via Wifi and the other is Cat 5, for example... all the same devices are showing up on the two "fing" networks. But they are the same network... 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    GdayJay said:
    Yes so they are the same network... Just one is via Wifi and the other is Cat 5, for example... all the same devices are showing up on the two "fing" networks. But they are the same network... 
    Can you share the screenshot of the network list from the left panel of web app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GdayJay
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for assisting, please find attached. 

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @GdayJay
    It seems like the network you are unable to merge is of the same access points. Are you using an apple device to run Fing mobile app? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • GdayJay
    First Comment Photogenic

Hey there, thanks for the help, so yes, I have two wifi networks and i use both pc laptop and MacBooks to operate ?

• GdayJay
    First Comment Photogenic

Further more today ( whilst I used mY iPhone - however allocated to use the Desktop scan results) i detected yet again / multiple versions of the same network please see attached.

please note the same external ip

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @GdayJay
    To explain, if you have a Fingbox or use only Fing app and you are also using a Fing Dekstop, then you will see multiple networks, one from the Fingbox/Fing app and one from the Fing Desktop. As Fing Desktop is a separate product, it works separately and does not integrate with Fingbox as of the moment. If something changes with the future releases then we will let all users know. 

Also, if you are using an Apple device, then as apple restricted from identifying he MAC addresses, then Fing App may create multiple networks provided Fing App is unable to read the MAC address and recognise if the devices are coming from same network or different. Only the network from Fing mobile app and Fing Desktop can merge, given the MAC address is being able to read by the Fing App. And if you select the Fing Desktop network from the Fing mobile app(not the Fingbox network) then if you have made any changes to Fing Desktop devices, you can view same on Fing mobile app. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)