How do I get attention from Support for an RMA to replace a faulty Fingbox?

pfly
pfly Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Hello, I emailed [email protected] on March 15 with the full description of the fault on my still-under-warranty Fingbox - regularly going into an offline/online sequence since February. I have done all the troubleshooting to confirm it's definitely a faulty Fingbox (new enet cable, different power supply, restore to factory, etc). I received no answer to my email. I sent an email reminder again on March 22. And still no response by today, March 25. What's going on guys? You have been responsive and helpful in the past (this faulty Fingbox is actually a replacement for a broken gen 1 Fingbox). Please respond to my email and send me an RMA replacement. Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited March 26, 2021 #2
    Hi @pfly, I have checked for correspondences from you (using email address), I can see that you have 2 previous tickets logged, 1 last year and a previous one in 2017. We have received no further support requests from this email address. To confirm, the support email address is [email protected], however [email protected] should still come through to us. In the meantime, I will send you an private mail to follow up on your query. 
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• pfly
    pfly Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hello again. I wanted to update this thread with expressing my personal thanks to Ciaran who fully engaged here and explained what’s going on. Two things to know: 
    1 Use [email protected] to get email to the fing support folks. Apparently the [email protected] address that had been used in the past isn’t forwarding properly.
    2 Fing has an as-yet-unresolved server problem on AWS that is manifesting as the offline/online Fingbox errors I was seeing, and that looked like a Fingbox hardware problem. Well, it’s not! And if you’re seeing offline/online errors on your Fingbox please know that Fing knows about it and their engineers are working on it. I got from Ciaran in email a detailed explanation of the issue Fing folks are trying to root cause, which was/is much appreciated.
    My faith in Fing has been fully restored. Thank you, guys, and good luck with the troubleshooting!

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thank you @pfly for the update. And thanks to your report, we have fixed the rerouting of emails from [email protected] to [email protected] Though [email protected] is the most up to date email address and hence should be used where possible. In relation to the server outage issue, this is ongoing and our Engineering team are doing their utmost to resolve (which is proving difficult), however we are committed to this. Thanks again.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)