Camera detected as Offline

System
System Administrator Posts: 85
10 Comments Photogenic
admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to the Connectivity category on the community..

Comments

• SEC
    SEC Member Posts: 29
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    I have a camera that is working but shown off line. I had this occasionally with other devices. How do I get it shown as active?

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SEC
    Can you check under router settings if the camera is connected to same access point as the device on which you are running the Fing app?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SEC
    Yes, it is on the same (regular) network and had been listed as "offline 26 mins ago". When I wrote the question it had been shown offline for several hours.
    Other cameras show online and are on guest and regular networks.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC said:
    Yes, it is on the same (regular) network and had been listed as "offline 26 mins ago". When I wrote the question it had been shown offline for several hours.
    Other cameras show online and are on guest and regular networks.
    Did you check under router settings if the device is showing offline or online? Sometimes when the device is not in use then it goes to sleep and thus disconnects wifi. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SEC
    No need to check now since I just looked and it's online - has been for 2 hours, according to Fing.
    It has always shown up on the router settings. And, this is a security camera; not supposed to sleep...    ;-)
    Thanks.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC said:
    No need to check now since I just looked and it's online - has been for 2 hours, according to Fing.
    It has always shown up on the router settings. And, this is a security camera; not supposed to sleep...    ;-)
    Thanks.
    Are you using Fingbox? Can you check what access points are being monitored by the Fing app if you don't have Fingbox and if all access points are identified by Fing app? Does the camera show as "In range" or "Offline"? Can you share the screenshot of the page?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SEC
    Not using Fingbox. Only have the one router as shown. I've attached a PDF showing the entire Fing devices page in 2 segments and a third page showing the router devices page. Garage camera is annotated.
    Fing.pdf 433.3K
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC said:
    Not using Fingbox. Only have the one router as shown. I've attached a PDF showing the entire Fing devices page in 2 segments and a third page showing the router devices page. Garage camera is annotated.
    Can you install Fing desktop and then check if Fing desktop displays the same results? I am trying to understand this better so I can try to replicate this.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SEC
    Sorry, should mentioned this is on my laptop - v2.5.1
  • SEC
    By the way, just checked, it's on again. See attached.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC said:
    Sorry, should mentioned this is on my laptop - v2.5.1
    Can you please connect to all access points in your network on Fing desktop one by one and run the scan for devices to make sure all access points are covered by Fing desktop?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SEC
    I don't have any access points, at least as I understand the term. Just the one router.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC said:
    I don't have any access points, at least as I understand the term. Just the one router.
    Every router has multiple network interface cards which is the reason, routers are able to provide multiple frequencies(2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz). These are different access points that have their own MAC address(BSSID). Can you check under router settings to which BSSID is your camera connected to? And, whether it is same access point which is scanned by Fing app.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SEC
    The cameras are all on 2.4Ghz, not being 5Ghz capable. In fact all devices are n 2.4Ghz. Fing, installed on mt laptop, is scanning only the 2.4Ghz. A devices are being shown in Fing at the moment.   :-)
    Robin_Ex_Fing