WiFi Scanner tool doesn’t discover any networks.

Dow_1
Dow_1 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic

I searched for a solution without success. I use a Linksys WRT1900AC router with openwrt and a Spectrum furnished cable modem. My Fing Box is connected to the router and I am using Fing Desktop v2.5.1 with Windows 10. The WiFi Scanner Tool doesn’t find any access points nor channel connections. It shows it’s scanning but it doesn’t even list my network. Is there a setting on the modem or router blocking it? My phone sees other networks. Thank you. 

Tagged:

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 217
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, to start with, a quick check to see if your device is actually connected to your network &/or is your firewall is blocking the scan. (windows defender or whatever you’re using)?
    Dow_1
  • Dow_1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you Pixel for the response. I just verified Trace Route and ping work fine and I’ve used the other tools successfully before. I didn’t see Fing.exe on the Defender app list so I added it to allow on Private network. I have let WiFi Scanner run for hours but still no networks are found. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Dow_1 said:
    Thank you Pixel for the response. I just verified Trace Route and ping work fine and I’ve used the other tools successfully before. I didn’t see Fing.exe on the Defender app list so I added it to allow on Private network. I have let WiFi Scanner run for hours but still no networks are found. 
    Can you run Fing desktop under safe mode and then check if the feature is working or not? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Dow_1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you Robin. I turned off the Firewall and it didn’t help. I started Windows 10 in safe mode and I got a blank Fing window. In safe mode with networking, Fing tries to start but errors for not finding the Fing service. I tried starting the Fing.Agent service but get error 1084 can’t start Fing service in safe mode. 
  • Dow_1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I couldn’t see how to edit the above post. I hooked up an old Win 7 box and the WiFi Scanner doesn’t work either. So I guess it’s my router or Spectrum cable modem although the other Fing Desktop network tools work. Thanks. 
    Robin_from_Fing