Lost ability to pause devices

Renosmusic
Renosmusic Member Posts: 7
Photogenic First Comment
edited March 18, 2021 in Fing App #1
I seem to have lost the ability to pause any device, adjust and save any change to a schedule. When I do a scan for devices, it shows me a pop-up that says the network is already being monitored by a Fing Desktop App. I am trying to access the fingbox on my Android app as I always have. I do not want any desktop app option at all. Very frustrating, been getting all of these "Fingbox is offline / fingbox is back online" for past few days, I changed the network size to accommodate the right number of devices, stooped all of the offline / online switching, but I still have no way to pause any devices, change schedules or whatever for past few days.
I already reset my 2 fingboxes, have equal issues on both finboxes / networks.
I DO have wifi access, I have not lost any connectivity, but can't communicate properly with the Fingbox from my Android, either of them. Providing a screenshot, please help!
Thanks in advance
Reno

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,146
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2021 #2
    @Renosmusic, I think your issue is that you need to select your fingbox network to be your default and currently in focus network.  This also insures that when you start the app, it will always be the default.  

From the Fing app, go to the homepage, scroll down to current wifi, on the far right you will see a list icon.  Select and on the next screen you will see all of your networks, scanned and Fingbox.  Swipe left on the Fingbox network and select the home icon.  That will set it to default.

If you go back to the home screen, you should now see your fingbox network on the top of the screen.  Select it and you should be good to go...

Also note I moved this to the Fing app area for relevance.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Renosmusic
  • Renosmusic
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi Marc, thanks for the help so far. That worked to get the desktop thing off, but I still can't save any changes to any of the schedules, nor can I pause a device on either of my fingboxes. When I try to, the "pause duration" pops up, when I choose a time it just closes.

When I try to save a change in the schedule, I get a message at the bottom that says "could not update the schedule".

Thanks so much for the help man

Reno

• Renosmusic
    Photogenic First Comment
  • Renosmusic
    Photogenic First Comment

I currently have devices I need to unblock and I can't, any help would be much appreciate.

Thanks so much

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Renosmusic

To delete the Fing desktop network from the Fing App, please follow these steps:

• Sign in to Fing App and from the Home tab, click on "3 lines icon"

• This will take you through to the Networks screen which contains a list of all your Monitored and Scanned networks.

• Swipe left on the Network or long tap on the Fing desktop network and then it will ask if you want to detach all networks or the current Fing desktop network. Choose your option and then you can hit close.

Detaching a network will remove it from the Home dashboard. Detaching all networks will move all the networks scanned by Fing desktop to the Scanned networks list. If you chose to detach the current network only then it will move the recent network scanned by the Fing desktop to the Scanned network list.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I currently have devices I need to unblock and I can't, any help would be much appreciate.

Thanks so much

For the pause schedule, is it happening for all users or just one user? Have you checked if the Timezone is correctly set on the Fing app? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!