How to remove unresponsive fingbox

markel
markel Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
edited March 18, 2021 in Fing App #1
My fingbox is unresponsive,
is impossible for me to remove from the app, clicking on delete nothing happens!
The mac address is F0:23:B9:XX:XX:XX, can you remove from my account?
Thanks

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @markel
    As per your request, I have deactivated the Fingbox from your account. It can be connected to any Fing account now. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • markel
    First Comment Photogenic
    The fingbox (F0:23:B9:ED:95:47) is yet connected to my account!
    Is it possible to deactivate?

Thanks
  • markel
    First Comment Photogenic
    The fingbox (
    F0:23:B9:ED:95:47
    )

is yet connected to my account
    is it possible to remove?

Thanks
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

To reset and move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:

• Click on the ‘Home‘ tab
    • Choose ‘3 lines icon' which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Choose the Network with the Fingbox and hold down your finger or swipe an option to ‘Deactivate’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Deactivate’This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @markel
     Our engineering team have advised us that in effort to resolve the issue our Engineers are now copying the data from the old disk (of the affected shard) to a brand new disk. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.
    In meantime, I would advise you not to reset your Fingbox as it may put much strain on storage volumes because Fingbox needs to connect to Fing app and then it will update to the latest firmware and much more. This may produce a delay in setting up the new shard in AWS correctly.
    Please refrain from resetting your Finbgox. Thank you all for your patience.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • markel
    First Comment Photogenic

Ok, i'll wait, but now the fingbox is in green state, and is not possible to remove from the list because and isn't possible to communicate with it.

Anyway you can remove the bind with my account and this fingbox?

Thanks

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @markel
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)